Carnival Miracle Review 7/27-8/4

jinxnb

Hi, everyone:

I've posted the beginning of my cruise review on my blog: http://nearsightedtv.blogspot.com/. I may try to post it here as well. Since it's my first review, I will need to resize most of the photos on photobucket, and that will be very time-consuming.

If you have any questions about the Miracle, I will be happy to answer them!

Thanks,

Liz

Hi, everyone:

I've posted the beginning of my cruise review on my blog: http://nearsightedtv.blogspot.com/. I may try to post it here as well. Since it's my first review, I will need to resize most of the photos on photobucket, and that will be very time-consuming.

If you have any questions about the Miracle, I will be happy to answer them!

Thanks,

Liz

I enjoyed Part 1 and looking forward to the rest. My son and his new bride also will be cruising with us on the Miracle in 12 days. This also is their honeymoon as My D-I-L works in a HS as a Social worker and could not get off of work until now. They took an aft Suite so I am sure they are going to be thrilled with such a big room with large wrap deck.

Liz,

Great review so far! Love the pictures. Congratulations on your wedding and now your honeymoon. Can't wait to read more.

It will be our 2nd time on the Miracle, when we go next July. We went the first time for our 10th Anniversary.

It seems like you are both really enjoying yourselves. Hope the rest of your trip was just as great.

Thanks.:)

• 4 weeks later...

You sound like you are an absolute darling! And You answered my question about the Miracle..It seems there is LOTS of Trivia and such. My DH and I are as competitive as you..and I note the competition on Carnival gets tougher all the time. Most likely..due to young folks like yourself!

We met the nicest and most interesting people at those competitions, we win sometimes, sometimes we don't..but we always have a really good time.

We are going on HAL next spring and in a way, I regret making the reservation. They have lovely food, the ships are lovely, the service is perfection ( although I find Carnival has wonderful staff and service personnel)..but HAL is teased as the Overfed and Nearly Dead..and they don't seem to have much to do on the ships. It has been some time but they ONE game of trivia..and that was it. Once a day..and the competition was not as fun as on Carnival..it was like the same people who had taken the same cruise 50 times..and had answered the same questions..and resented anyone new coming into to 'their game".

You review made me remember how much fun it is to race around from competition to competition..the silly and hilarous Battle of the Sexes...Maybe I should have stuck with Carnival. Maybe HAL will get some activies of the brain teaser sort planned..maybe.

The food looked lovely too. You have a gift for writing. Do you ever think of doing some professional writing? You should.

HEY! great review. i just had on question. are the drinks at the captains party free?

Despite reports I read prior to sailing, the drink at the Captain's Party were definitely free. Check out part III (more is forthcoming, I swear!) of my blog (http://nearsightedtv.blogspot.com) and you can tell how bedeviled I was by the drinks that night!

Please finish the review you are doing such a great job. Leaving on the 13th and I am really interested in your views - likes and dislikes.

Marilou

I promise to finish the review soon! I will drop off my underwater camera at Walgreen's tomorrow; I want to have everything in order to post reviews!

Thanks for reading!

You sound like you are an absolute darling! And You answered my question about the Miracle..It seems there is LOTS of Trivia and such. My DH and I are as competitive as you..and I note the competition on Carnival gets tougher all the time. Most likely..due to young folks like yourself!

We met the nicest and most interesting people at those competitions, we win sometimes, sometimes we don't..but we always have a really good time.

You review made me remember how much fun it is to race around from competition to competition..the silly and hilarous Battle of the Sexes...Maybe I should have stuck with Carnival. Maybe HAL will get some activies of the brain teaser sort planned..maybe.

The food looked lovely too. You have a gift for writing. Do you ever think of doing some professional writing? You should.

Thanks for the kind words! I actually do enjoy writing, but I've never submitted anything to anywhere besides here!

HAL is lovely, and I say reject any label people give it. I can't tell you how many people told me how much Carnival was a "party" boat. I took their implication to mean that Carnival was not as nice. Honestly? Carnival's service was just as good as Celebrity or RCL, AND, as you pointed out, they have TONS of activities that the others don't. They have at least 2 trivia games a day; they offer two art auctions in 8 days; they have arts n crafts; and they have wacky poolside games if you're into that (I'm not, but they were fun to see pool- and TV-side.)

If you continue with HAL, enjoy. I know you will! However, Carnival IS fun, and as with any cruise, it's as sedate or crazy or classy or restrained as you make it to be!

Thanks!

Liz

Archived