Our Golf Cart Tour of Grand Turk

Trip Planner

Thank you all for the info I have gathered over the years. This is my first post. Grand Turk was our first stop on our 7/24 Carnival Pride cruise. We are a family of 4 with 2 teens. Rented a golf cart. Took a chance with no reservation and were lucky to have one available. Were outside the cruise terminal by 7:30 and saw the golf carts. Nathan was not there but the gentlemen that helped us said he worked for him. I cannot remember his name. Brief form to fill out. He gave us a map with the 2 gas stations on the island circled. He assured us we would not get lost. He gave us a brief lesson and we were off. We passed a replica of John Glenn's capsule. Then at the tall green clock, we went right and headed to the lighthouse. The island drivers were very patient with us especially at the intersections. They seemed used to sharing the road with the carts. Saw donkeys, goats and cows along the way. Alot of construction going on. The gate at the light house was open. There was a sign that said admission 7 dollars but no one was there to collect money. Others were there as well strolling the grounds and taking pics. Views was beautiful. It took about 45 mins to drive to the lighthouse. We stopped for gas on the road back. We spent 17 dollars for 3 1/2 gallons. We then drove to Bohio Dive Resort. It is located just north of downtown. It had a nice quiet beach. There was shade in parts of the beach. You could rent lounge chairs and snorkel equipment. The bar and restaurant were open. Beers were 5. The restrooms in the lobby were available for us to use as well. You could have easily spent the day there. Stayed about 2 hours. Snorkeled with our own equipment. We swam out near the rocks and saw small patches of live coral and a lot of fish. It was fun. There were others from the cruise there as well. They came by cab and the driver was coming back for them. We then went to the post office downtown. DH collects stamps. On the way, we passed a souvenir area. Just passed the colorful stalls was parking. There was paintings, wood carvings, jewelry, t-shirts etc. We all purchased something to bring home. It was noon time when we fiinished at the post office. We headed to the Sandbar for lunch. It was a perfect spot. Food was hot and the drinks cold. Cracked conch platter with salad and fries was 12. Beers were 4, sodas/bottled water were 2. We left there by 12:45 and were back to the port by 1:30. We had an hour left before we had to be back board. Others have said that there isn't much to see. That's probably true, but we enjoyed being outside, exploring the island and getting off on our own. Even my teens had fun! The acceleration is a little slow so give yourself plenty of room when merging onto the road. Just keep an eye on the time and your gas tank. We all enjoyed our adventure. Just a note, Duke/Front Street is one way going north.

Thanks a lot. I was still toying around with renting the cart, but your gas bill was a "deal breaker". If you figure that your're riding in a golf cart for $100 for the day, well...not such a good deal IMO.

Thanks again:)

Our ship docks at GC @ 1pm. We wanted to rent golf carts but due to this late arrival would anyone know if this is possible? Should I try to reserve them or will the morning rentals be returned by then? Many thanks for any help in this matter...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Thank you all for the info I have gathered over the years. This is my first post. Grand Turk was our first stop on our 7/24 Carnival Pride cruise. We are a family of 4 with 2 teens. Rented a golf cart. Took a chance with no reservation and were lucky to have one available. Were outside the cruise terminal by 7:30 and saw the golf carts. Nathan was not there but the gentlemen that helped us said he worked for him. I cannot remember his name. Brief form to fill out. He gave us a map with the 2 gas stations on the island circled. He assured us we would not get lost. He gave us a brief lesson and we were off. We passed a replica of John Glenn's capsule. Then at the tall green clock, we went right and headed to the lighthouse. The island drivers were very patient with us especially at the intersections. They seemed used to sharing the road with the carts. Saw donkeys, goats and cows along the way. Alot of construction going on. The gate at the light house was open. There was a sign that said admission 7 dollars but no one was there to collect money. Others were there as well strolling the grounds and taking pics. Views was beautiful. It took about 45 mins to drive to the lighthouse. We stopped for gas on the road back. We spent 17 dollars for 3 1/2 gallons. We then drove to Bohio Dive Resort. It is located just north of downtown. It had a nice quiet beach. There was shade in parts of the beach. You could rent lounge chairs and snorkel equipment. The bar and restaurant were open. Beers were 5. The restrooms in the lobby were available for us to use as well. You could have easily spent the day there. Stayed about 2 hours. Snorkeled with our own equipment. We swam out near the rocks and saw small patches of live coral and a lot of fish. It was fun. There were others from the cruise there as well. They came by cab and the driver was coming back for them. We then went to the post office downtown. DH collects stamps. On the way, we passed a souvenir area. Just passed the colorful stalls was parking. There was paintings, wood carvings, jewelry, t-shirts etc. We all purchased something to bring home. It was noon time when we fiinished at the post office. We headed to the Sandbar for lunch. It was a perfect spot. Food was hot and the drinks cold. Cracked conch platter with salad and fries was 12. Beers were 4, sodas/bottled water were 2. We left there by 12:45 and were back to the port by 1:30. We had an hour left before we had to be back board. Others have said that there isn't much to see. That's probably true, but we enjoyed being outside, exploring the island and getting off on our own. Even my teens had fun! The acceleration is a little slow so give yourself plenty of room when merging onto the road. Just keep an eye on the time and your gas tank. We all enjoyed our adventure. Just a note, Duke/Front Street is one way going north.

Does Nahan and the gas stations take U.S. dollars?

Linda

lindasuej - I have been in contact w/ Mr. Nathan the last 2 days. He accepts credit cards if you want to reserve in advance. I will be in Grand Turk on Christmas Day & he stated that my card would not be charged until 4 weeks prior to our arrival. If for some reason we will not be able to stop at that port, he will credit my card. I really need to reserve in advance because we will need 3 carts.

Hope this helps!

Kelly

vamcd- Its nathanandlinda@tciway.tc & the # is 649-231-4856. He was very prompt in returning my emails, most were received around 8-830 AM after I emailed the night before. I've heard of others on this board who have reserved in advance & had no problems giving their credit card info to him. We will be there on Christmas Day this year. Let us know how it goes when you go at Thanksgiving. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived