Kahului to Lahaina

TERTOG

Carnival has changed our itinerary this fall and now instead of Kahului one day and Lahaina the next, we are overnighting in Kahului. We had planned on spending time in Lahaina shopping and bar hopping. We really enjoyed the Pioneer Inn's mai tais last time we were there.Is there a bus system/shuttle we could use to get to Lahaina fairly easily? We'd either go over in the evening or spend a full day there.

Thanks, Terry

Actually, there is a bus system which does go between Kahului and Lahaina. The problem for many folks though is the schedule...it's not world's most speedy or easy way to travel, and doesn't run late at night.

Do you happen to know the times and where to get the bus from in Kahului? Mahalo!

In January 08 we took the bus from Kahului to Lahaina--caught it at Queen Emma Shopping Center. Took the shopping center shuttle from the port. It takes about an hour to get to Lahaina. Bus only runs once an hour. It was a gorgeous ride, but not sure I would do it, if we hadn't been just killing a day! Had taken a long tour the day before, so just wanted to take it easy, and enjoyed the bus ride, but I would seriously consider not doing it if time is an issue!

Pity about the Itinerary change, as Lahaina is definitely a very memorable place. The last bus back to Kahului is far too early to be able to spend an enjoyable evening there - 8.30pm on schedule 20, so I'd reckon the only alternative is hiring a car. Ooh and talking about the Queen Emma Shopping Center, I think it was there we saw an entertaining free hula (young kids, couldn't behave for anything more organised).

Just a question.....do the posters here mean Queen Kahahumanu shopping Center, in Kahului? We don't have a Queen Emma center:)

If you don't want to rent a car (drinking and driving is a bad mix, thanks for being safe), you could ride the bus over, and get a ride back on a shuttle service. There are a couple, and while their primary business is hotel-airport runs, they also make other stops. It might be less expensive than a taxi.

Archived