solo cruiser would prefer to sail with other solo cruises.

bobbisailsolo

If you knew there would be more singles or solo's sailing on a particular cruise, would you be more apt to book it? I, myself, might be apt to check it out, if I knew there were other singles/solos in my age group sailing. I see some single cruises advertised, but they tend to be just 7 night caribbean or mexican catering to younger singles.. I would prefer something a little longer and more unusual geared to an older crowd.

Barb

If you knew there would be more singles or solo's sailing on a particular cruise, would you be more apt to book it? I, myself, might be apt to check it out, if I knew there were other singles/solos in my age group sailing. I see some single cruises advertised, but they tend to be just 7 night caribbean or mexican catering to younger singles.. I would prefer something a little longer and more unusual geared to an older crowd.

Barb

I don't know how old you are, but I've seen Single's cruises advertised on various sites for those over 40. Thing is they usually sail only 2x a year. You can see pictures of the cruises on some sites and you'll see the ratio of women to men is at least 70% (women) to 30% (men).

Do a google of single cruises.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been on a number of singles cruises. I am 58. There is a down side. We pay about $250.00 more than the cruise lines charges! On each cruise that means the company is making a bunch of money, our only alternative is to pay the single supplement or find a roomie on our own. Wouldn't it be great if singles could just get together and do their own cruise, save the $250.00 and have a great time! Food for thought. You are so right about the male/female percentage, there are never enough guys to dance with! Carol in CA

I don't know how old you are, but I've seen Single's cruises advertised on various sites for those over 40. Thing is they usually sail only 2x a year. You can see pictures of the cruises on some sites and you'll see the ratio of women to men is at least 70% (women) to 30% (men).

Do a google of single cruises.

Archived