MSC cruise lines transfers

jerryjash

Barcelona airport transfer to cruise ship----Travel agent quoted me $60.00 per person each way- $240.00 round trip 2 persons-- 15KM. Distance... 16% of the total cost of the cruise----- Never paid this much before on any cruise---- Called MSC they quoted $40.00 per person each way--I know there are cheaper ways--So- No problem-- The thing that bothers me is that I feel like I have made a mistake in buying this cruise after reading all the negative reviews... This is my nineth cruise and none have been bad...Some better than others but none bad ---I can say nothing bad about any of the cruise lines I have used in the past and will cruise with any of them again... Hope I can say the same about MSC when I return. I would much rather pay up front than to feel like I am being taken advantage of....There are two times on a cruise that leave a lasting impression---- when you arrive and when you leave---- I will keep an open mind and have a lot of fun no matter what...The path I travel is shared by many , some before me, and many after me...

I'm surprised to hear that the transfers would cost you extra. On all the cruises where I have bought a fly/cruise package with MSC they have been free. Where I have bought a cruise only and made my own air travel arrangements, no transfers were available to purchase. Sounds like you will definitely be cheaper making your own arrangements. The only advantage of the transfers that I've experienced is that if your flight is late, they hold the ship for you and if you make your own arrangements they don't. However I usually fly out a day before if I'm doing my own transfer and it is often a loss less hassle than the coach transfer, especially when it is not that far to the port.

I hope you enjoy your cruise and don't regret your decision. If you are going on the fantasia or Splendida then regardless of what you think of the MSC experience, you will have a beautiful new ship to cruise on.

We returned to San Diego three days ago from Barcelona and our cruise on MSC Fantasia. I'm going to write a review of our experience in the next few days, but when I saw your comments about the cost of transfers, I had to respond. Take a taxi! Take a shuttle bus! Don't buy the transfers for a price like that. We took a taxi and it cost about 25 euros for both of us---you pay what the meter says, not by the person. The Aerobus takes you to the center of town and costs 5 euros each person. The taxis are spotless, efficient, nice drivers, no hassle whatsoever.

Good luck. Teri

Archived