Helicopter Juneau Glacier Landing - Rain

pellefsen

Does anyone know if the Juneau Helicopter Glacier landing will still take place in the event of rain, and if so, is it worth it? Thanks, just trying to decide if given the current continuous rain forecast if my $800 would be better used on a different excursion. Also, if Celebrity excursions are canceled, how much notice do you normally get once on board?:confused:

It rained when I did a glacier trek / helicopter flightseeing tour in Alaska and it still was by far my favorite excursion ever. It tends to rain very often in Alaska, so I believe that most excursions tend to go rain or shine. You might want to bring an old camera or disposable camera; great pictures to be taken, but the elements are not so good for one's camera! The views are breathtaking.

In Aug.,10 years ago we had rain and fog. We were the first and only helicopter than made the landing as all other departures for the day were canceled due to the low clouds/fog after our return. The experience was scary and would have been much better with clear skies and not having rain pound on the copter, safety was first, that is why the following flights were canceled.

The people who would have flown after us rode back with us to the ship, so they found out about the cancellation after we returned.

Your excursions can be canceled at any time, I have been waiting in a loaded bus only to learn from the tour guide that the excursion had been canceled

Typically, for tours canceled for lack of participation..... you find out 24 hours before.

It rained when we went to the glacier and we still had a good time. They provided all of the gear that we needed for the rainy weather. Believe it or not, Juneau is in a rain forest so the chance of rain is high. Just expect it and you won't be disappointed.

I loved the helicopter flight almost as much as walking on the glacier. Flying between the mountain peaks was a kick. Also, when we were heading back, we were above the airport and were able to watch a jet taking off.

Thanks for the information. If the excursion is "canceled", including on the day of the trip, is my money refunded?

If you are booked through the cruise line it will be 100% refunded. If booked through a private vendor, you need to see what their policy is.

Archived