Shoretrips.com

travelingmomof3

Just wondering if cc people are using shoretrips.com to book shore excursions....They have the same excursions that I see on on ship (and then some) - a couple dollars cheaper, but the main draw for me is they seem to have more available time slots. So, should I use them or book direct through others I've read about here?

I am also waiting to hear from anyone that has done the Photo Safari Land and Sea in Juneau before I make a decision about that one. My family wants to do the Glacier View Sea Kayaking and I think heli/glacier trip so I have to be picky here. I am a photography enthusiast and they all know it, so if you say the Photo Safari is GREAT then they will give up the kayaking. Please let me know which way I should go. Thanks!

A few people have written up the Photo Safari in the midst of detailed cruise reviews. Impossible to search. Perhaps you could put Photo Safari in the question part of a post and get some answers.

I can't remember a bad review of it, but you need the details from someone who has done it this summer.

You'll find that ShoreTrips sometimes hides a service charge into their price and you can get an even better price by talking to the operator directly. ShoreTrips may be handy if you're booking multiple excursions or if the operator doesn't have a Web site so is hard to find, but you may be paying for the convenience.

The Juneau photo excursion gets excellent reviews here - and as I'm sure you know, it's almost always better to travel with other photographers.

You'll find that ShoreTrips sometimes hides a service charge into their price and you can get an even better price by talking to the operator directly. ShoreTrips may be handy if you're booking multiple excursions or if the operator doesn't have a Web site so is hard to find, but you may be paying for the convenience.

The Juneau photo excursion gets excellent reviews here - and as I'm sure you know, it's almost always better to travel with other photographers.

I was trying to book a zip excursion for my family. and was going to book through shoretrips... but i had a question and ended up needing to call the vendor directly. that call ended up saving me another $25-$35 per person. which adds up in a party of 8.

you are definitely paying for convenience in Most cases.

Just wondering if cc people are using shoretrips.com to book shore excursions....They have the same excursions that I see on on ship (and then some) - a couple dollars cheaper, but the main draw for me is they seem to have more available time slots. So, should I use them or book direct through others I've read about here?

I am also waiting to hear from anyone that has done the Photo Safari Land and Sea in Juneau before I make a decision about that one. My family wants to do the Glacier View Sea Kayaking and I think heli/glacier trip so I have to be picky here. I am a photography enthusiast and they all know it, so if you say the Photo Safari is GREAT then they will give up the kayaking. Please let me know which way I should go. Thanks!

We actually booked the Photo Safari with Shoretrips.com out of Juneau and loved it. The excursion was cheaper thru Shortrips.com than thru the cruise line and is actually the same company that the cruise lines use. Here's the best part: It cost less than thru the cruise line and even better; we had only 9 people on the excursion. The boat they use for the whale watching part of the tour holds as I remember 14 so having only 9 was a real plus.

Our experience was very positive at both ends: With Shoretrips.com and with the vendor in Juneau. Hope this helps.

Dear Travelling: I found ShoreTrips to be more expensive than doing on your own. You can book the same excursions found on the ship for much less if book on your own. There are good recommendations from this board. Have fun, elaine

Archived