Hotels in Mobile?

bryndlwulf

We are driving in and have never been there. Can anyone recommend any that are near the port (or easy to find from the port) and nice? We don't need anything too pricey, but don't need to go too cheap either because then my 16 y.o will whine all night long.

Thanks-Missy

There is also a new Hampton Inn on Royal St that offers a cruise and park package. It opened in early Feb. The Renaissance Riverview is a good choice - others have reported getting a cruise and park deal there for around $119 per night(you may have to call the hotel to get that rate) which is a good price for that hotel and their parking is in a multi-level garage next door. I park there daily as my office is across the street.

My 15 year old is the same way - she doesn't like the cheaper hotels.

We will be staying at the Renaissance Riverview Plaza Hotel. Our price was $119.00 for one night but that includes leaving our car there for the duration of the cruise. When calculating the cost of parking at the cruise terminal, it makes the nights stay really affordable. I have been told the hotel is very nice.

If you go to the above link and look for hotels in Spanish Fort, Daphne, or Eastern Shore area, you'll find several good choices. These are just a causeway length - about 10 minutes - from the downtown/dock area and have more going on around them (restaurants, shopping, etc.). It's a little farther to drive, but a straight shot. If it were me, I'd prefer the Eastern Shore over downtown.

We also made reservations at the Renaissance Riverview Plaza Hotel for $119.00, which includes parking for our vehicle for the duration of our cruise plus shuttle service to and from the port. This is a great deal and the hotel is very nice and has received wonderful reviews from other posters. Also, it was recommended to us to ask for a south facing room so you could see the ship in port. You might do that also. Good luck and have fun!

Here are pictures of our room at Renaissance Riverview Plaza Hotel. I would recommend anyone cruising from Mobile to stay here. Great hotel with friendly staff.

[ATTACH]128800[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]128801[/ATTACH]

• 1 month later...

I've read a couple of reviews that mention the noise level with a riverview at the Rennissance Riverview is loud. Something about trains going throughout the night blowing their horns. Has anybody stayed there recently and is this still a problem. Also how is their pool? Is it outside?

• 2 weeks later...
I've read a couple of reviews that mention the noise level with a riverview at the Rennissance Riverview is loud. Something about trains going throughout the night blowing their horns. Has anybody stayed there recently and is this still a problem. Also how is their pool? Is it outside?

I believe their pool is outside. However, the city recently completed work downtown to prevent the need for train horns and have made it a quiet zone for trains at night. This was a big issue for a while and has been rectified.

Archived