Summerfield suites miami?

Mlascheid

• 3 weeks later...

We stayed at the Summerfield Suites pre-cruise on Jan. 02/05. We had a 2 bedroom suite with fully equipped kitchen(we never used it). Being a Wyndham ByRequest member my favorite beer and nuts were waiting for me in the room. The included breakfast was certainly adequate. Lots of restaurants and stores within a couple of blocks. Try the Cuban restaurant. If you have a family this is a great spot to stay in Miami. They also have A/P shuttle every 20 min. and shuttle to the Port of Miami.

Thanks for the update on the Summerfield Suites. Sounds like it will be just fine for a pre-cruise night. Cuban food does sound good!!! maybe we'll give it a try. Did you use the hotel's shuttle to the pier? If so, do you have to sign up for a time slot? Was it a madhouse with everyone trying to get on the shuttle? Have never used hotel shuttles to the pier in Ft. Lauderdale because they always seem so disorganized and crowded. We are renting a car with Alamo and will return it to the airport the morning of the cruise and then take Alamo's free shuttle to the pier. Wondering if it may be worth it to return the car the night before the cruise to the airport and utilize the hotel shuttle to the pier the next day thus eliminating having to return the car the morning of the cruise(thinking it will be 1 less thing to do in the AM). Thanks for any insight!

We stayed at the Summerfield Suites pre & post Galapagos cruise this July. The kids loved the pool area and if you walk out the hotel, go right and then right a few blocks down you'll run into all kinds of stores and restaurants.

As someone else posted I too went in and became a Wyndham by Request member and they had my little bottle of white zinfadel and peanut M&Ms waiting for me.

We only took the shuttle from the airport and ran into a problem on the way back. They are suppose to be running say every 15 minutes or so I think, and on our way back we just missed one and we didn't see one close to 45-50 minutes.

They have munchies out at night, not on weekends though and a pretty good breakfast in the morning.

Susan

Archived