Tipping in the supper club (or steakhouse as it is now called

golfadj

Silly game:confused: Carnival is not encouraging nobody to do anything......they are just letting you know the tip is included......

Wow:rolleyes:

Let me ask you this.........why do you feel you always have to tip extra?

What happened to just tipping.....why is it always extra:confused:

The cruiselines add the auto tips and drink tips and supper club tips so you can go on vacation and not think or worry about tips........

Why make something out of nothing:confused: I don't get it........

You make some good points. I also always tip the waiters and room stewards extra because it seems 'everyone does it' and they probably come to expect it. If and when I ever dine at the steakhouse I was thinking $20 was the standard extra tip, then I heard more people saying $10.....but you're right! Why DO we think we need to tip extra? Carnival has made it easy for us and here we go complicating matters! :rolleyes: I think next time I'm going to leave all the automatic tips as is!

You make some good points. I also always tip the waiters and room stewards extra because it seems 'everyone does it' and they probably come to expect it. If and when I ever dine at the steakhouse I was thinking $20 was the standard extra tip, then I heard more people saying $10.....but you're right! Why DO we think we need to tip extra? Carnival has made it easy for us and here we go complicating matters! :rolleyes: I think next time I'm going to leave all the automatic tips as is!

In 50 cruises, I have never added to or reduced a room stewards tip for his normal room cleaning duties. I have and do 'spot tip' for a special request and keeping a cooler filled with ice is not a special request.

Dining room waiters, I have removed the tip for one person and one team for miserable service. And have only rarely added extra tip for outstanding but unobtrusive service.

Bar waiters and especially bartenders I tip in cash over and above the 15% added, because I'm always making special requests. Like, "Please, make the drink from scratch, not from pre-mix." Something like that.

If I ask or want, money is in hand, to pay for my 'bother.'

Way back in the beginning of "Supper Clubs" or alternative dining venues, all the cruiselines definitely made it clear that the charge was NOT for the food which was included, but only for the tips for the help. Now they 'muddy up' that issue, but I think its still the same.

Archived