Swine Flu exposure on FOS?

KARi5

I take Vitamin D3, Fish Oil, Red Yeast Rice, V-E, Calcium and Magnesium, plus an aspirin...all recommended by my doctor. :)

Tennessee3 - How is your son today? I cannot believe that the doctor would assume that your son picked up another bug in the ship's medical facility. What about the airplane, or any other place you went on the way home. If your son is not better today, I'd have him retested for Swine, or have them check for strep related illnesses. Strep can go to the organs if not treated properly.

My son is much better today. He started perking up yesterday.

By mentioning that the doctor "assumed" he picked up the stomach virus in the medical facility was not a slam to RCL--as I stated in my first post. I do not post much, but RCL is our first choice and has been since 1992.

The reason he believed he could have picked up the virus in the medical facility was 1)there were other passengers in the room at the time 2) the incubation period matched up 3) his blood work was indicative of stomach virus.4) from the day before we took him to the facility onboard, we kept him in the cabin. A repeat strep test at home was negative--the antibiotics the ship doctor gave him worked.

I hope the other families are on the mend.

We had 6 adults on the the Aug 2 FOS sailing and we are not experiencing any symptoms. We did excursions at every port and particiapated in many activities. Sorry to hear of your fortunes. I hope your family gets well soon and all going on future cruises I wish you good health.

Archived