For Scubagirrl

family cruisers

Hi Scubagirrl,

You really seem to be Ms.Bahama tourguide on here huh?

Two questions for you .

1) Docked in Nassau all day basically. Don't want an expensive day pass with lunch/drinks etc.. just Bathrooms & Chairs would be great.

Cabbage beach looks great. Not interested in the bay side of British colonial hilton.

2) Freeport from 7-2. Close ,NICE beach same as above. Whats your thoughts?

Thanks so much,

Carrie

Hi Scubagirrl,

You really seem to be Ms.Bahama tourguide on here huh?

Two questions for you .

1) Docked in Nassau all day basically. Don't want an expensive day pass with lunch/drinks etc.. just Bathrooms & Chairs would be great.

Cabbage beach looks great. Not interested in the bay side of British colonial hilton.

2) Freeport from 7-2. Close ,NICE beach same as above. Whats your thoughts?

Thanks so much,

Carrie

You won't find bathrooms and chairs without a day pass.

Sheraton at Cable Beach has a $25 pass that's a good deal.

THey have 3 pools (heated and swim up) a great beach and a little snorekling spot.

As for Cabbage Beach. You can rent chairs.. but there's no bathrooms.

Don't know much about Freeport. I think there's free access to Our Lucaya, but to use the chairs and amenities, you have to pay for a day pass. Much the same as Nassau.

Amenities = Day Pass to a hotel.

I've been down to Taino a few times and cruisers seem to be enjoying themselves. I think that's the Paradise Cove tour.

Maybe someone else can add something here.

Thanks alot.

I just called the sheraton 800 # and got both email addresses to sheraton cable beach and sheraton nassau beach resorts and emailed them both for their day pass rates/ packages.

Once they email me I'll post info here.

Thanks again,

Carrie

You won't find bathrooms and chairs without a day pass.

Sheraton at Cable Beach has a $25 pass that's a good deal.

THey have 3 pools (heated and swim up) a great beach and a little snorekling spot.

As for Cabbage Beach. You can rent chairs.. but there's no bathrooms.

Don't know much about Freeport. I think there's free access to Our Lucaya, but to use the chairs and amenities, you have to pay for a day pass. Much the same as Nassau.

Amenities = Day Pass to a hotel.

I've been down to Taino a few times and cruisers seem to be enjoying themselves. I think that's the Paradise Cove tour.

Maybe someone else can add something here.

Thanks alot.

I just called the sheraton 800 # and got both email addresses to sheraton cable beach and sheraton nassau beach resorts and emailed them both for their day pass rates/ packages.

Once they email me I'll post info here.

Thanks again,

Carrie

Just for the record, Sheraton Cable Beach and Sheraton nassau beach are the same hotel.

Are you sure ?

They 800 # person I spoke w/ had two different addresses for them .

I'm going to trust your judgement as you seem to know the island pretty well.

They haven't answered email as of yet, I'll keep you posted as to what they say.

I think in my mind cable beach is where Sandals is (stayed there years ago) breezes etc...

Nassau I think by atlantis.

Just for the record, Sheraton Cable Beach and Sheraton nassau beach are the same hotel.

Are you sure ?

They 800 # person I spoke w/ had two different addresses for them .

I'm going to trust your judgement as you seem to know the island pretty well.

They haven't answered email as of yet, I'll keep you posted as to what they say.

I think in my mind cable beach is where Sandals is (stayed there years ago) breezes etc...

Nassau I think by atlantis.

Cable Beach is indeed where sandals is.

Atlantis is on Paradise Island.

Nassau is inaccurately used to describe the entire tourist area on the island of New Providence, but is instead, the main town and capital of the bahamas. Nassau is where the ships dock, and there is NO Sheraton in the city of Nassau.

There has been in the past.. a Sheraton Grand on Paradise Island, which is currently a RUI, and the British Colonial Hilton used to be a Sheraton before it was a Best western and then a Hilton.

Cable Beach Resorts now consists of The Sheraton at Cable Beach and the Wyndham and Crystal Palace. This is the only sheraton on New Providence/Paradise Island.

The sheraton website lists only one property. The Sheraton Nassau Beach Resort ... with an address at Cable Beach.

Scubagirrl, do you know anything about a Beaches all inclusive in Nassau? Thanks.

Do you mean Breezes?? it's an adults only (over 14 most of the time although at spring break it's over 18).

It's an ok place. Bar food is good, beach is nice, pool is usually dirty. But most day trippers have a good time there. Room are pretty bad, but that won't affect you. There's alot of stuff on youtube.. check it out.

It's $60 pp and you can get a coupon in the Trailblazer map at Port exit.

It's first come first served.

There's no Beaches in nassau.. nearest is in the Turks and Caicos

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

The woman gave me 2 email addresses and one did come back undeliverable.

You're the expert :-)

Thanks again scubagirrl..

Cable Beach is indeed where sandals is.

Atlantis is on Paradise Island.

Nassau is inaccurately used to describe the entire tourist area on the island of New Providence, but is instead, the main town and capital of the bahamas. Nassau is where the ships dock, and there is NO Sheraton in the city of Nassau.

There has been in the past.. a Sheraton Grand on Paradise Island, which is currently a RUI, and the British Colonial Hilton used to be a Sheraton before it was a Best western and then a Hilton.

Cable Beach Resorts now consists of The Sheraton at Cable Beach and the Wyndham and Crystal Palace. This is the only sheraton on New Providence/Paradise Island.

The sheraton website lists only one property. The Sheraton Nassau Beach Resort ... with an address at Cable Beach.

Scubagirrl....I booked the Nassau Ultimate Snorkeling Adventure offered thru Stuart Cove Dive. Is this a decent excursion? Your input would be appreciated.

Yes, it's an excellent adventure.. but watch your timing. The dock is 45 minutes from port. Not many ships can do this tour within the alloted port time.

Yes, it's an excellent adventure.. but watch your timing. The dock is 45 minutes from port. Not many ships can do this tour within the alloted port time.

Thanks so much for you input. I really appreciate it. We are in port from 7 am till 5pm, so we should be good. What about a suggestion for somewhere to eat that is truely Bahamian and not a tourist trap?

Thanks so much for you input. I really appreciate it. We are in port from 7 am till 5pm, so we should be good. What about a suggestion for somewhere to eat that is truely Bahamian and not a tourist trap?

Arawak's Cays Fish Fry is my first thought. It's a village of independent locally owned restaurant. It's located just a few minutes out of town. The stuart Cove bus may even drop you off there if you are doing the morning trip.

Bahamian Kitchen is also located downtown. Authentic cooking.

Cafe Skans on Bay Street is a local "diner". A mix of local food as well as american food items.

Arawak's Cays Fish Fry is my first thought. It's a village of independent locally owned restaurant. It's located just a few minutes out of town. The stuart Cove bus may even drop you off there if you are doing the morning trip.

Bahamian Kitchen is also located downtown. Authentic cooking.

Cafe Skans on Bay Street is a local "diner". A mix of local food as well as american food items.

Thanks Scubagirrl! Beings these places are not tourist traps...do they accept US$? Will I have trouble getting a taxi from Arawak's Cay Fish Fry back to the port?

Thanks Scubagirrl! Beings these places are not tourist traps...do they accept US$? Will I have trouble getting a taxi from Arawak's Cay Fish Fry back to the port?

You won't have a problem with US dollars. Most accept credit cards as well.

Taxi's are waiting.. if not, as you host, they will call one.

Are there any places in the Nassau area to snorkel off the beach? I'm staying at the Hilton starting Aug 30th but the dredging will not have me in the water there by the looks of it

thanks

Not really, the reefs have long been depleted.

Sheraton has a small rock formation with a little sea life, but for any significant snorkeling, you'll need to do an off shore tour.

www.flyingcloud.info

www.seahorsesailingadventures.com

http://www.sunshinecruises.net

www.stuartcove.com

You won't have a problem with US dollars. Most accept credit cards as well.

Taxi's are waiting.. if not, as you host, they will call one.

Thanks so much. You have been a blessing of knowledge. Cannot wait for the BAHAMAS! I really appreciate your assistance.

Not really, the reefs have long been depleted.

Sheraton has a small rock formation with a little sea life, but for any significant snorkeling, you'll need to do an off shore tour.

www.flyingcloud.info

www.seahorsesailingadventures.com

http://www.sunshinecruises.net

www.stuartcove.com

Hi Scubagirl,

Since you seem to be the expert in the area I have a few questions for you. I will be in Nassau next January 2010 and wanted to do a day trip. I have been trying to contact Sea Island Adventures to see if they are still in business and if they go to Rose Island for the day but can't get any response. Do you know anything about them?

Hi Scubagirl,

Since you seem to be the expert in the area I have a few questions for you. I will be in Nassau next January 2010 and wanted to do a day trip. I have been trying to contact Sea Island Adventures to see if they are still in business and if they go to Rose Island for the day but can't get any response. Do you know anything about them?

Not sure where they are going these days. The last I was out with them we went to Blackbeards Cay, but they could have just been filling in.

Have you called them?? (242) 325-3910

http://www.bahamasvacationguide.com/seaislandadventures.html

Hello Scubagirl,

I need your expert advice please...we will be in Nassau next Wed. I know we are last minute...since our trip has two days that we will be sunning (Coco Cay and a sea day) we want to sight-see in Nassau. We do not really want to sun or snorkle but see sights...hopefully in a nice air condition:) vehicle. We wanted to do a tour with Runaway safari but they only do Tues and Thurs. but they offered sights and lunch so do you know of another with a similar tour?

Thanks

Missygirl

Hello Scubagirl,

I need your expert advice please...we will be in Nassau next Wed. I know we are last minute...since our trip has two days that we will be sunning (Coco Cay and a sea day) we want to sight-see in Nassau. We do not really want to sun or snorkle but see sights...hopefully in a nice air condition:) vehicle. We wanted to do a tour with Runaway safari but they only do Tues and Thurs. but they offered sights and lunch so do you know of another with a similar tour?

Thanks

Missygirl

Ask at the cab stand.. there are plenty of great cabbies that will give you a tour.. and even stop for lunch. (we usually ask them to eat with us). should be around $20 pp.

scubagirl,

Thanks for your informative information on this section of CC. I have read some of your posts about Breezes. Have friends that are wanting to go back to Atlantis, but we have been there done that and found it rather expensive.

Can you tell me about what is available to do at Breezes? I read that they have kayaks, parasailing etc. on the RCCL cruise tours. Are these things included in the all inclusive price or are there seperate charges for these things? How do you get there on your own? Is transportation to and from the resort reliable? We will be in port until 11:59 PM.

I read your post you could tour the island for around $20 pp in a cab. How long would it take to do a tour like this and what are must see?

Thanks for your time.

Archived