Daughters Wedding and Boarding

TGIFriday

I posted this on another board without much response. Our daughter is getting married on Sensation next Thursday the 20th. We have early check-in at 10:30. Will we have acces to our cabins to get ready for the wedding or are we expected to arrive at the docks in our wedding attire? Hopefully someone has some knowledge on this type of situation. I looked for a number to call Carnival and can't seem to find one.

My understanding is the bride and groom will have access to their rooms, but everyone else should be dressed before boarding.

My fiance and I are getting married on NCL Pearl and this is what we have been told. Carnival could be different but I would think most would be similar to what we have found out

My understanding is the bride and groom will have access to their rooms, but everyone else should be dressed before boarding.

Yes this is how it was for our wedding party also.......but depending on what time the wedding starts......more then likely most cabins will be available before it starts......ours were.......

Thanks, actually our daughter tried to tell us we had to be ready before boarding but I thought she may have gotten it wrong. Just figured we would be all sweaty and gross from the heat in Florida before it even starts! Guess she was right and we were wrong!

My brother got married last year on the Spirit in San Diego. All wedding guests had to be dressed and at the pier at 10:30. The bride came with her hair and makeup done already but put on her gown in her cabin. The ceremony was at 1 pm or so, nice reception and then all "non-cruising" guests had to leave by 3 or 3:30. Carnival did a nice job with the wedding (and my sister in law is HIGH MAINTENANCE!) The photographer did an excellent job as well.

Have a wonderful time!!!! Best wishes to the bride and groom. I hope you all have a glorious day

Thank you very much! Our 1st daughter getting married and I am sure we will all have a wonderful time! I give her all the credit for suggesting a cruise wedding. We have always been land travelers and love staying in villas, but maybe this will be a new era for us and we just might turn into repeat cruisers?? ;)

Have a wonderful time!!!! Best wishes to the bride and groom. I hope you all have a glorious day

Thank you very much! Our 1st daughter getting married and I am sure we will all have a wonderful time! I give her all the credit for suggesting a cruise wedding. We have always been land travelers and love staying in villas, but maybe this will be a new era for us and we just might turn into repeat cruisers?? ;)

Later after the Honeymoon you can thank your daughter for your new addiction... Cruising!!!

Please be sure to post some pictures for us to oggle over! I love weddings and cruising, so this would be the best of both worlds!!!

HAVE FUN!!!:D

My sister got married on the Sensation last August and they only had two cabins ready for us out of 5 families that sailed also. Everyone had to be dressed for the wedding because of this. My sister, I (bridesmaid) and the groom and best man were able to dress in the two cabins that were ready. The room stewards were not thrilled to see us entering the one cabin, but we were told 2 would be ready for us. Couldn't have the groom see the bride beforehand. It all worked out and everything turned out very nice.

Congrats to your daughter. Enjoy the day, it goes by way too fast!

I posted this on another board without much response. Our daughter is getting married on Sensation next Thursday the 20th. We have early check-in at 10:30. Will we have acces to our cabins to get ready for the wedding or are we expected to arrive at the docks in our wedding attire? Hopefully someone has some knowledge on this type of situation. I looked for a number to call Carnival and can't seem to find one.

Best of luck to your daughter and future!! Please post your experiences when you get back. Our daughter will be married on the Dream July 2010.

Archived