Carnival Legend Ports/Western Caribbean question

Delta Dear

We are cruising on the Legend in Feb.2010 on the Legend. Stops in Grand Cayman,Belize,Cozumel,Roatan. Belize is tendered, but I don't know about the others. If they have piers, how much walking is involved to get to taxis or tour buses ? My husband has some problems if long walks are involved, so I'm trying to assess his options. Are there ever benches along the way ? Thanks

I thought about renting a scooter, but he really doesn't need that on the ship, he can just pace his walking quite easily.

I'm going to check on a cane with a seat so he could stop and sit. Anyone familiar with those ? Thanks

• 1 month later...

Delta Dear, Out of the ports that you mentioned, the ones that are docked include Cozumel and Roatan. If memory serves me correctly, Grand Cayman is tendered. Cozumel probably has the longest walk to get to a taxi stand. The pier is a long walk and then you have to walk through an outside mall area to get to the taxi stand. Having traveled with both wheelchair users and people with limited walking abilities, I would probably recommend a travel chair. You would not want to use the travel chair on the sidewalks because travel chairs are hard to manuever over uneven surfaces. What is great about a travel chair is that they are lightweight and easy to fold. They can be placed in the back of a taxi. And they can be placed under the bed in your cabin. Travel chairs can usually be purchased at a medical supply store for under $150. Hope this helps-Dittos

Archived