Princess Cays diving

cruzegirl

I'm wondering if anyone has done any diving on Princess Cays? When I went in 2005, it wasn't available. Now I hear it is and is good as it's been limited for divers. Any info. would be appreciated. Thanks.

My husband and my oldest daughter went last year. Neither one of them thought it was very good, and both thought it was overpriced. I'll try to remember to ask them about it and report back with specifics.

My husband & I did this dive last November while on the Crown Princess. We both thought the dive was way overpriced for what you got. The dive master was very rude to a few divers. The divers had told Princess what type of rental gear they needed, but it wasn't passed on. The DM kept telling these divers how fortunate they were that they had extra gear for them. It was a shallow dive and very easy so if you were looking for a "refresher" type experience, it may be worth it to you. It was our first time seeing a lion fish that have now taken over a lot of the Caribbean.

My husband & I did this dive last November while on the Crown Princess. We both thought the dive was way overpriced for what you got. The dive master was very rude to a few divers. The divers had told Princess what type of rental gear they needed, but it wasn't passed on. The DM kept telling these divers how fortunate they were that they had extra gear for them. It was a shallow dive and very easy so if you were looking for a "refresher" type experience, it may be worth it to you. It was our first time seeing a lion fish that have now taken over a lot of the Caribbean.

Haven't done it and don't plan on it in Dec. It is way to high a price to pay for a single tank dive.

We did it in December of 07. As the other posters have said it is expensive for a single dive. Actually, it is the single most expensive dive I have been on. We used our own gear, the gear that they had brought for us to use would have been marginally acceptable. That's one thing that I dislike about Princess, they force you to pay for rental gear even if you don't use it.

That said, on that particular trip, they took us to an underwater freshwater hole, which I can say is easily the single most interesting dive that I have been on. I don't know if the other posters were taken to the same location. Perhaps they have stopped doing so, since you bouyancy dramatically changes near the hole.

I would do it again if they went to the same location and I had my own gear.

Archived