Booking through Shoretrips.com RECOMMENDED??

Jaymee287

We are cruising next summer and it will be the first for all 3 of us. We understand that the excursions booked through private vendors are cheaper and you can see if difference even if it's by $5 or $10 it's still cheaper!! Every little bit helps!

We may possibly book through shoretrips.com for 2 of the 4 excursions and book the others through Carnival. Is shoretrips good about getting you back to the port on time for the departure? Even through the time differences? That is what we are most concerned about, do we just show them what time the ship leaves in local time or ship time (I guess in local time) and will they ensure we are back in plenty of time?? Also do they pick you up or are they right there on the pier or near the docking area?

Please help!

You are referring to a booking agency. They can place your reservation through whichever companies they deal with on any given island.

As a booking agency they do not actually run the tours themselves - the on-island company does.

In general, there are numerous companies in every port which will take you to the most popular attractions. None stay in business long if they don't get you back to your ship on time.

AFAIK Carnival itself doesn't operate shore excursions. They act as a booking agent and take their (sizable) cut. Local companies actually run their trips too. :rolleyes:

Of course Carnival does have the option of offering to hold the ship if one of "their" excursions is running late.

Ooooooh! It's all interwined somehow isn't it?!? We are just worried about making it back to the ship in time at least I'm worried I'm sure the other two have thought about it as well.

Someone posted this WONDERFUL breakdown of the time changes for me!! So to my understanding We will be in Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands from 7 am - 4pm "OUR TIME" which makes it 6 am - 3pm "LOCAL TIME". Would you suggest we book our excursion to begin at 8:45 local time will that give us enough time to eat breakfast and get off of the ship in plenty of time? Or would you advise us to book at 10:45 local time so we could have time to eat and all the good stuff and not be rushed? We have never cruised before so please help! I'm just worried about the lines getting off the ship.....

We used Shoretrips.com last week and all went well and on time. They showed up thirty minutes early to pick us up to go back to the ship, but did not rush us to leave. We did the Beach and Lunch excursion (had a whole beach to ourselves along with a restaurant). Well taken care of by all involved.

I was nervous too, but as many have pointed out, they won't stay in business if they don't get you to and fro on time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We have used Shore Trips for several cruises and loved them. Way better than ship excursions with hardly any people in your group & sometimes just your family.

Have done Grand Cayman....stingray city, hell, rum factory, turtle (15 people in our grp versus 70 in carnivals right next to us)

Cozumel...submarine

Alaska....Dog Sledding and a separate tour glacier walking

St. Thomas....all day snokeling and sailing with Capt. Max...great

Archived