Upgrading ???? on Navigator

CruiseWhere

I am just wondering whether anyone has tried when they have arrived onboard to change their cabin (in our case move to a more forward cabin) or tried to upgrade their cabin (higher category or suite, by paying of course)......not like we are trying to get ugraded like so often people do when they are flying and wanting to sit in first or business class from economy gratis !!!

And if so any luck or any advice or clues ???!!!

I would appreciate any info !!!

We have tried and have been successful doing an "upgrade" for an additional fee on Navigator from a Cat H to a E (if I remember correctly). The listed fare difference between our H and the lowest available balcony was about $2000 for a 14 day Panama Canal transit. When I saw the concierge (sp?) about an upgrade possibility she got back to us within the hour, showed us two suites, said the additional fare of $1000 would be added to our account if we wished to upgrade (I understand 50% of the listed difference is sort of standard) we picked one and they moved our stuff before dinner. BTW, it was some of the best money we ever spent given our particular itinerary. I would like to say that we've sailed cat H on Navigator and would do so again in a heartbeat. But with the sea days and warm weather and all, we really enjoyed a balcony on this trip. Hope I partially answered your question.

Greg

In June on the Voyager, I moved to a more midship cabin from one far aft with no trouble upon boarding. I think it was in the same category, but not sure. Also not sure why I didn't do it before sailing through my TA, so that leads me to believe it was an upgrade, but I wasn't charged. Greg is on the mark with Radisson's general policy about upgrading on board. Half the difference in the brochure fares between one and the other.

Perhaps when I mentioned the vibration concerns I had heard about on cc, they figured I would be complaining and it was just easier to assign me to a different cabin upon boarding!

You hit the nail square on the head when you mentioned the vibration ..as that is our biggest concern ...right now we are in a "D1" Category and I would be a liar if I didn't admit that i am concerned about the vibration so if there is any way that we could change our room I would be thrilled. I have already contacted RSSC and they have informed me that the ship is just about filled to 100 % capacity UGHHHHHHH !!!!!

I don't know whether it is worth mentioning this in my "Special Request" any ideas ????

Archived