Two excursions in San Juan

Lynnone

We will be in San Juan in Nov. and have booked two excursions through the cruise line. (DH is comfortable going through the ship.) The horseback riding in the foothills of El Yunque rain forest, then the BioBay kayaking in Fajardo. I understand that 1 to 1 1/2 hours of each tour is the transportation time to both sites. Rather than spend the time on the bus back and forth, are there things to do, restaurants, etc. at either location? Can we take a taxi from one place to another? Have any of you done the same type of excursions on the same day? Are we trying to do too much? Any help will be appreciated.

There's really nothing much to do in either location.

At Los Croabas (where you go for the kayaking) there are a number of local restaurants. And Seven Seas beach is not that far away. Not sure if it's really reasonably "walkable", however.

There are not generally taxis available in either location.

Let me get this right ... you have to go from the ship to the rainforest, then back to the ship, then later (on a different bus) from the ship to the biobay? That's a crazy waste of time on vacation!

Depending on what time your ship departs at night (in order to allow enough time for you to get back to the ship), you can save a lot of time and money by renting a car and doing it all yourself.

You'll spend less time riding back and forth, be able to spend time in El Yunque itself walking on trails, you'll have time to go to Luquillo or Seven Seas beaches, you'll have time to get a great local meal in the Luquillo kiosks ...

Just my 2-cents, but if it were my trip, I'd look for options to what the ship offers. There are plenty DIY options available.

Let me get this right ... you have to go from the ship to the rainforest, then back to the ship, then later (on a different bus) from the ship to the biobay? That's a crazy waste of time on vacation!

It is crazy, i agree. You will be spending a total of almost 5 hours on the road.

Archived