Best thing to do in Key West ?

Ykgorbie

Well, I have only been there once. Did the trolly which was ineresting as you got to see a little bit of the area. HOWEVER, all we really needed to do was stand on Duval street as our cruise docked during fantasy fest. What a wild time that was.

Linda

LOL Linda! I know what you mean.....we were there in Oct 07 during Fantasy Fest.....talk about people watching! :eek: This was during the day too..can only imagine what the nights were like. :D

:D

I would suggest jumping on the Olde Towne Trolley and see as many of the sights in Key West as you can, and do some shopping on Duval Street (Stop #3 I believe...). I was there in April and I got on and off three times to shop at Duval, see Hemingway House, and Southernmost point/mansion/butterfly house. I did enjoy my time. Mallory Square has some funky shopping right there and the Aquarium is right next to Clinton Block. Shipwreck Historeum is right there in Mallory Square. There has to be at least a dozen attractions/sites (including Capt Tony's and Sloppy Joe's) to do/see within a two or three block radius of Mallory Square!

The Olde Town Trolley has a website. I did my homework ahead of time and decided where I wanted to go and see before I went because it is too hard to decide on the spot!

Enjoy yourself!

We did a tour called The Big Three that involved snorkeling, kayaking in and around a mangrove island, and going to a wild dolphin area (saw lots of dolphins). It's an active tour, but not tooooo strenuous if you don't want it to be. It is one of the two or three best tours we have taken anywhere in our eight cruises.

You simply MUST go to the Kino sandal factory, it is just a few blocks from the ship. Their shoes are around $15 a pair and they will NEVER wearout. I always get family sizes before I leave home. They are so comfortable too. Just ask any of the ship staff or locals and they will point you in the right direction. The place is just a hole in the wall but you will be so HAPPY!!!Take the "old town trolly" tour and Hemingway's home. If you still have time, take in Sloppy Joe's. Have fun!!!! Just remember "The Rentlady" when you are walking around in those new sandles!

Archived