Quick Shuttle Seat-Tac to YVR

Has anyone this SUMMER taken the Quick Shuttle from Sea-Tac to YVR? DH and I are booked for the 3 pm shuttle on a Friday. We are flying from MOB to SEA on the red eye. You can imagine what a long day we will have if all goes well.. I'm dreading this long bus to YVR. Arrival says 19:50.. gosh. What was I thinking. At any rate, guess it would be wise to somehow pack some foods from the SEA-Tac airport. Any suggestions? I was thinking maybe buying an extra meal while on the plan and haul that?? There must be something quick to snatch at SEATAC airport to be consumed before the border. How far away is the border anyway from SEATAC? Any recent first-hand accounts would be greatly appreciated. I'll be sure to have some neck pillows for snoozing... Sheeze. well sail on I say.

I have yet to take that bus but looking at the schedule it looks ok. Takes way longer than a private vehicle of course because of routing & stops. I didn't see a lot of places to get food on the way out of Seatac to curbside on our last trip but we did at departures so I guess it would just be a matter of having time to get to the appropriate level. Food was good.

I always hate to suggest things when I don't know one's timing or preferences but if it was me. I'd stay in Seattle that night and take the train the next morning :)

Have riden the Quick Shuttle many times - you have approx 2 and a little bit hours before you reach the border. We are lucky as we live close to the border so we get off the bus immediately after it crosses over and miss all the multitude of stops at all the hotels and including the airport.

The bus stops only once and that is for a pick up at a downtown hotel in Seattle - no chance of food there. So you must buy your food at the SEA airport if you want something on the bus. The Qucik Shuttle folks have their times down pretty pat so if they give you an arrival time it is usually very acurate.

The buses are comfortable and it is the easiest way to transfer form SEA to Vancouver.

You will be fine with QuickShuttle. We used them for the first time on July 4th (SEATAC) to Vancouver and spent the night at Hyatt Regency before our cruise aboard Mercury to Alaska (5th-12th July). Then, we used their Sunday "Express" service back from Canada Place....directly back to SEATAC with just a few stops. Going back on the Sunday Express is way faster than going up. But, it's hard to beat the scenary and you sort of get to unwind on the way up. Nevertheless, you get many stops on the way up and you never know how long it may take to clear the border. Sometimes, you might get through in 45 minutes..or so. Other times, it could be a bit longer. All that said...the QuickShuttle folks really seem to have their schedule down.

We were so happy with QuickShuttle...that we're flying back into SEATAC on October 12th and taking them up to Vancouver to rejoin Mercury for the "Wine Cruise." Granted this is Columbus Day in the U.S. and it is also Thanksgiving Day in Canada. So, many variables can be added into this mix...possibly some good and possibly some not so good. But, I'm reasonably confident that QuickShuttle will leave SEATAC around 12:30PM as scheduled and get us up to Canada Place around 5:45PM or so. Since, Mercury will only start boarding around 6:00PM to 7:00PM....this is an excellant arrival for us.

I really think the advice you got from BC Happy Girl is very good advice. And, before you leave SEATAC....there are a lot of great restaurants that will be happy to pack you a to go order. Note that these restaurants are upstairs and you need to get your food before exiting the Inbound Security. Otherwise, your food choices downstairs will be very limited. We had a few hours last trip before our QuickShuttle departure...so we got to enjoy some great food...and had picnic right in SEATAC...which is a very pretty airport besides being a very fucnctional airport. But, if you are going to be tight on your connection...best to pack some "heavy" snacks and nibble your way up from SEATAC to Vancouver.

Cheers

Hank

Hank: Many gracious thanks to you and the other posters on this subject. In thinking back, I decided to make the first day of vacation a mega deal due to problems getting released from work... I sure would have like taking the early Amtrak train, but DH and I have already spent time in Seattle on a previous trip and wanted to get to YVR for something different. I do agree the Seattle airport is very nice and functional. Thanks for that great tip on getting our food on the upper level. Definately will do that. I guess I'm having a bit of buyer's remorse looking at that 5 hr 50 min bus ride after such a long day of travel. Being in our 50s, we probably will be sleeping while sitting, LOL. either on plane or bus. Thanks again for caring enough to reply my CC friends.

Archived