Park and Fly at Dulles

Ships R Great

With snow so often in Feb. here in the D.C. area I am thinking we better plan to spend the night at a hotel near Dulles with a park and fly package for our Feb. 6 cruise. I have been researching. I thought there was a hotel right at the terminal, with an underground walkway. I can't find it. Does anyone know about it? I have tried looking at the Dulles web site but the nearest hotel they say is 2 miles away in Herndon. ???????????

It's the Marriott Dulles... smack in the middle of the airport. They have a park, stay, fly...... cough, cough........over $200 a night though.

Jan of 96 when we had that terrible snow up the eastern seaboard, I did the very same thing. Booked the airport hotel the night before, left the car while I was gone. On my arrival back.....OMG.......my entire car was buried deep under the snow. I wound up calling a neighbor to make the 45 minute drive to pick me up. As it was evening, we returned the next day with snow shovels and snow thrower to dig out my car. Took us all day.

Needless to say, I learned the hard way. Leave the car at home in the garage! Take alternate transportation to the airport or airport hotel!!

There is an indoor garage now at Dulles, right by the terminal. They have shuttles going to the terminal from there. I too am a little worried about leaving out of Dulles in Feburary for our 2/7/05 cruise. We are leaving on the 4th for a couple of days in San Diego, but if we can a snow event at least we'll have a couple of days cushion. It's more important that we catch the ship.

Archived