Renting a tux onboard

patterson3

I just rented one on the 7/27 Solstice cruise. Worked great and was $100. They deliver it to your stateroom the 2nd day and pick it up the last afternoon.

I would get measured a few weeks before, I think they want you to order it 2-3 weeks before depending on location.

Ron

Be sure to try the suit as soon as it is delivered. DH found the pants were very short, although he had sent measurements (taken in a local formal rental store) several weeks ahead. He was able to have it changed before the first formal night, so all was well.

Sheila

Do they have suits for all shapes + sizes? We are going on our first cruise next summer out of Southampton + my son will be 15, as he is growing like a weed at the moment he probably will fit a small mans size. I certainly dont want to buy one as he will never wear it again:)

Do they have suits for all shapes + sizes? We are going on our first cruise next summer out of Southampton + my son will be 15, as he is growing like a weed at the moment he probably will fit a small mans size. I certainly dont want to buy one as he will never wear it again:)

Yes.

Has anyone rented a tux onboard a Celebrity ship recently? If so, how much is it and how soon before your cruise you should get measured?

Thanks.

To post a contrary opinion (not about costs and measurements, though--those were already well covered in this thread)...

If tux rental costs $100 a shot, and you can buy your own for $250 or so, it seems that it's not really cost-effective to rent if you are going to wear it on three or four cruises. Yes, I know that I have to take some care when packing it for a cruise, but I've never had to have it pressed before a formal night. And the cost of dry-cleaning a tux, at least where I live, is not exorbitant.

Of course, the convenience of not packing a tux and lugging that much extra weight does have to be put into the equation, but that's a personal decision.

I bought a tux when I was married and more than got my money's worth out of it. When it started "shrinking" a couple of years ago I bought another one. I've worn it on three cruises, and have already amortized its cost--not to mention the times I've worn it when not cruising.

Is it really necessary to wear a Tux? can you wear a suit ot sport jacket?

There will be more suits than tuxes. No it is not neccesary.

Last couple cruises I saw maybe 40% tuxes..that would be tops. Lots of suits and a smaller % in just sport coats.

To post a contrary opinion (not about costs and measurements, though--those were already well covered in this thread)...

If tux rental costs $100 a shot, and you can buy your own for $250 or so,

Of course, the convenience of not packing a tux and lugging that much extra weight does have to be put into the equation, but that's a personal decision.

quote]

This is exactly why most rent. Convenience. They don't have to pack their own dress suit and shirts. Also... the DW might like seeing their spouse looking especially suave a couple nights of the year!;)

My dh thinks like you. Why rent? Either pack a suit or buy the tux, wear it the next three cruises and it's paid for.

To each thier own.

Archived