oh what to wear

willow3

my hubby and myself are on the oriana to the fjords 23/08/09 and I have no idea what clothes I will need for during the day,I have been checking the weather and one day it`s warm the next port is really cold.I don`t want to have to take loads of options .I have packed clothes that I would wear for a summers day in the uk .am I going to have to get my winter clothes out to take?:confused: thanks for any advice.

Take extra clothes, if your cold its not going to be very enjoyable. Take sweaters [ jumpers ] wear layers and remove if it warms up.

Libralass is going this month to the Fjords, she will be along to give you a rundown on her Cruise Wardrobe.

Yes I would go with layers, e.g. strappy vest top, t-shirt, cardigan or jumper, fleece and cagoule, with a bag big enough to (hopefully) off-load into. Gloves and a hat and scarf don't take up much room but make quite a difference to your body heat.

My husband likes the trousers with the legs that zip off to make shorts if he is dressing for different temperatures on the same day, such as when we fly in the winter to somewhere warm.

Carol x

Hi

Yes I go around the same time as you 29th Aug on Oceana.

The weather seems to be about the same as here, so I am taking a couple of prs jeans, a fleece, a waterproof jacket, walking boots and hiking sticks (doing the briksdal glacier walk) plus layers - tshirts etc...certainly different to pack for this than a Med or Cnaries cruise!

I am on Oceana (after I booked) the semi formals were cancelled so just have to pack for 2 formal nights and 5 smart casual nights as well... It feels like I'll need the same case as I take for a 14n cruise, as its going to get filled with bulky stuff this time, but who cares as we travel from Southampton it doesn't matter, as long is the weight isn't over 23kg per case.

Have you booked any tours? I am doing the glaciers one and Pulpit rock,both in the afternoon, as they say the mist is hanging around in the morning and it tends to clear by midday, so hoping for good views of the mountains and waterfalls.

thanks everyone.I think I will empty my case and start again.

we haven`t booked any tours as we like to do our own thing and the ports look fairly small to work our way around,we may book something when we are there.have a good holiday and thanks again for the advice.

The trouble is, its unpredictable so you have to pack for all types of weather. Someone even told me to take gloves.

Sue, I could have done with gloves in June 2007 - it was the evening sailaways through the fjords that were cold - sailing in shadow with the breeze from the movement of the ship, brrr!:eek:

(bit like this office now:mad: - why does a bit of sun outside mean the air con has to go on full blast even for those of us that can't even see it - the sun that is - let alone feel any heat from it?:confused:)

Earlier, on one day I was on a mountain, above the snow line, in just a tee-shirt :D, got a good suntan from the Norway part of the cruise.

So yes, layers, so you can take them off & add them as necessary

Karen

Archived