Picture ?????

Moxie75

Yes, you can purchase them individually but they will push you to buy the packages.

As far as family memembers go, yes they can take pictures. Just let the photographer go first, keep the pose and then a family member can take a pic as well.

There is no rule that your family can not take pictures. The photographer may tell you that but its not true. The only reason they may tell you that is because the more pix your family takes the less you will purchase.

Just stay firm.

I have read a lot of reviews of people saying their photographer pulled them away from their reception to take tons of pictures, causing them to miss 3/4 of the reception.

I am going to tell my photographer up front, I want him to take lots of family pix, and not to pull us until the reception is over. The more he is willing to work with me the more I am willing to spend. I don't want 100 head shots of me & my fiancee. I want lots of family pix & memories...

He will make more money that way. And in the end...thats all they care about is the money.

MAKE A LIST OF POSES. If there are certain people you want pix with (grandparents, mother daughter, father son, bestman groom, etc)

Make a small list and give it to the photographer.

I have the package prices if you want them.

I am a list of pictures as well as the people who are in thoes pictures. I am giving a copy to my coordinator, my best friend (right hand girl to make sure EVERYTHING is up to my standard), and the photographer. I have a HUGE list. It should be a good way to get everything I need.

You cannot purchase the cd separetly. I called the director of photography and she said there is no way to do this other than to purchase the pictures individually at that rate. She said that there may be a way to talk to the photographer the day of, but no guarentee.

Thanks so much. My Dad and My sister-in-law are both semi professional so I figured with both of them I can get the cadid shots I want for my album and then buy a few of the ship photos for myself. Please do send me the package prices I would like to think about that as well..

Thanks for all the input..

We told our ship photographer we didn't want a lot of photos and she complied. We got pulled aside from our reception for about 20 minutes for pics around the ship. We met with her later in the cruise to see what she took and we bought about 10 of the 50+ shots she took. She really pushed the whole package and was disappointed when we refused.

Between her professional shots and the pics from various family members, we were satisfied with what we got.

If you have a small number of guests (say under 50) try to get a picture of the entire group in one shot. We had everyone gather on a large staircase and the photog took the shot from above. Its one of our favorites as we can see every guest at our wedding in one photo! :)

The pictures would be very expensive if purchased individually, that's why they make the packages. I think they are $19.99 for an 8x10. And you have to buy photos to get the CD but if you are lucky they may put more photos on the CD then you purchased ;)

Archived