Coral Breeze - easy to find once off the ship?

Visa711

We went to Belize last year and actually had a tour booked with Major Tom. However, when we got off the ship, we were bombarded with people selling tours and it was difficult to tell who was Major Tom. Add this to the fact that Major Tom had emailed something like this to us with the confirmation: "Beware of people at the port who say they are with Major Tom, but they are not", and we decided just to wing it... It worked out ok because we found a good taxi driver, but I don't want to run into this when we visit next month.

I am thinking of booking Coral Breezes, and wondered how easy it was to find the right people when you get off the ship. I know that the information says to meet at the Wet Lizard, and I did see that there, but we didn't go there. Were there any people soliciting you once you got to the Wet Lizard? Or only the tour operators? What have others experienced?

I didn't do this myself, but a former roommate who traveled with me did the Coral Breeze Shark/Ray Alley trip. He's a pretty nervous person in general, and it took some convincing from me that he'd be ok doing an independent tour, but it worked out great. He had no problems meeting up and had a great time.

Archived