HHV Day Room Update

mcgrs

I just wanted to thank the several members who posted about the HHV dayroom because I was in a quandary as to what to do all day with a two year old after we disembarked from the ship and until our plane departed late Saturday night.

I called the HHV directly and they quoted $119.50 (resort room)/$129.50 (partial ocean view) for 7am-5pm. Resort room with taxes $134.99. This is for the end of October. I was surprised that it was $30 more because I thought October was off-season. I will call again to confirm the rate before I leave, just glad we have a place to hang out and chill before heading back home.

I just wanted to thank the several members who posted about the HHV dayroom because I was in a quandary as to what to do all day with a two year old after we disembarked from the ship and until our plane departed late Saturday night.

I called the HHV directly and they quoted $119.50 (resort room)/$129.50 (partial ocean view) for 7am-5pm. Resort room with taxes $134.99. This is for the end of October. I was surprised that it was $30 more because I thought October was off-season. I will call again to confirm the rate before I leave, just glad we have a place to hang out and chill before heading back home.

These were the same rates I got when I called about 6 weeks ago for the same time (October 24th) as well. Still worth it to me since we don't leave until 7:30pm.

I found out about day rooms when we did our Disney cruise. It was so relaxing to lounge around and not have to sit at the gate for 6 hours. When we mentioned the day room to other people at the gate, they were so jealous!!

These were the same rates I got when I called about 6 weeks ago for the same time (October 24th) as well. Still worth it to me since we don't leave until 7:30pm.

Aloha,

It certainly won't hurt to check as your date nears, since it could drop. On the other hand, Halloween week is actually pretty popular in Hawaii (Maui especially, any excuse for a party). That's a good rate for HHV; do remember that a day room, for a hotel, must be cleaned and re-set just as if you'd spent the night, and it takes the room out of available inventory for the day and night. So even though you might check out at 4pm, the room probably won't be re-set until the next morning. If you are on a red-eye flight, then chances are you won't check out until 7-8 PM.

You might want to book the room now, if you can get HHV to confirm (in writing) that they'll adjust your charge if the rate drops.

We paid $89 for the room when we stayed there on July 25th. Even at the higher prices, it is so well worth it. First off, the room was about 5x-6x larger than the cabin - it was huge. The bathroom was larger than our whole cabin. Comfy couch, nice balcony. They asked us when we were checking in what kind of pillows we liked and then showed up a few minutes after we were in our room with a bunch of down pillows.

The grounds are beautiful. We had a great lunch at Tropics Bar & Grill. Took naps in the yummy comfy beds. Showered in a real sized shower with nice products. It was a great last day.

Even at $135 I would HIGHLY recommend this for the last day. It is a totally non-stressful way to end the vacation.

Just to toss it out there, I checked at the Marriott courtyard and they offer a day room for $99 from 7am -11pm!

Aloha,

The Courtyard is fine if you're not looking for all the "extras" HHV or other resort properties offer. Make sure you add taxes etc. to the 99 rate, though! It will end up closer to other rates pretty quickly.........

• 3 weeks later...

When I called yesterday I was quoted $139.50 at the HHV for the end of October. Think we will do that as spending our last day on the beach after the cruise sounds better to me than spending it on a bus tour! Glad I found this thread as we had no idea a day room was even a possibility.

whoo Hoo,

I have been pondering doing this for awhile and just got around to calling. We got a day room for $99 on Saturday November 28. Since it is just a few days after Thanksgiving was not optimistic about what the price would be. Happy with that price. Husband and I have done the "walk around like homeless people with all of our bags waiting for our flight" thing once before. It was not a fun experience. This will feel much more like an extra day of vacation. It will be novel for the kids too as we won't have had access to a pool the entire trip up until this point. (I don't count the pools on the ship) lol.

Ahhh... can't wait.

Archived