Back from Adventure of the Seas 09 August 2009

Great review and great pictures! We were on Adventure in July and your review brings back great memories. We stayed in La Concha and absolutely loved it, would highly recommend it to everyone. There were 3 weddings the weekend we were there, we watched from the pool and felt like wedding crashers!

Antas 901

I also grew up and DC and live in MD.. What was the earliest you or any family members in your group disembarked the ship the San Juan? How smothly did the disembarkment process go. Any difficultly making your flight?

Great review. Thanks for the info.

Is anyone else worried about this poster? :( Doesn't she know that she cannot post part of her review and forget to post the rest? :D My DH is having withdrawal symptoms. He was printed off, and was reading the review every night in bed.

I'm the OP and I have to apologize. I was called away on business and I will not be back in the U.S. until 04 Sept :-( All of my notes about the trip are not with me and I will not be able to write more until Labor Day weekend. I will try to post Curacao and Sea Day #2 over the holiday weekend.

Thanks for all of the wonderful comments and I do apologize. I left quite suddenly and I appreciate everyone's understanding.

Damon

I'm the OP and I have to apologize. I was called away on business and I will not be back in the U.S. until 04 Sept :-( All of my notes about the trip are not with me and I will not be able to write more until Labor Day weekend. I will try to post Curacao and Sea Day #2 over the holiday weekend.

Thanks for all of the wonderful comments and I do apologize. I left quite suddenly and I appreciate everyone's understanding.

Damon

Totally understand your situtation. I too work out of the country and will actually be leaving on Friday the 4th and won't return back to the US until the 23 of September, just 9 days before we leave for San Juan and the AOS for our cruise. BUT....I will be checking this site to see if you have had the chance to post the rest of your review.

Thanks

OceanDreams

Hi Antas

Was Victor still in the windjammer? Did you make "the Quest" and is chris northy stll the CD?:cool:

mex25,

I do not remember a "Victor" in the WJ :-( I've been to "The Quest" on a different ship, so I did not go this time. I did encourage my tablemates who had not been to "The Quest" to go. They went and REALLY enjoyed it (you know someone REALLY enjoyed it when they are trying to tell you about it and they are laughing so hard that they cannot speak) :-)

Chris Northy was the CD. I liked Chris and his staff.

Antas 901

I also grew up and DC and live in MD.. What was the earliest you or any family members in your group disembarked the ship the San Juan? How smothly did the disembarkment process go. Any difficultly making your flight?

Great review. Thanks for the info.

Hi Sunrocket,

My parents were in a Suite and their debarkation time was the earliest of everyone. They were off the ship before 9am (I think they could have been off earlier, but my mother does not like to get up early). Royal Caribbean does an excellent job with disembarkment. In our group of 28, no one had any trouble making their flights.

Royal Caribbean has forms that you complete that include your departure flight time. Based on that, you will get assigned a departure group number. Each group has a time window such as, group x - (9:15 - 9:35).

Our flight left later in the afternoon, but I'm told that the airport was really crowded that morning. The Adventure of the Seas passengers were leaving San Juan and there was a Carnival ship that was also returning its passengers. Be prepared for the crowds :-)

Hi Antas

Was Victor still in the windjammer? Did you make "the Quest" and is chris northy stll the CD?:cool:

We did the AOS July 19th sailing and he was there! What a neat person. He was the welcomer to the WJ and was always SO happy. I told him that I had read about him on CC and he got a huge grin on his face and said no one had ever said that before and that he didn't know he'd even really been noticed.

Archived