Wine package questions

mccasey

Good to know you can order thru room service. I didn't think RCI did that anymore - I may have read that on CC or something.

Thanks for the info! I'll probably order a head of time and get everything paid for so my bill at the end of the cruise isn't as shocking as it was on my last cruise! :D:eek:

Very good idea!! Enjoy your cruise!

Haven't cruised on a ship with Vintages before - do they offer happy hour drinks as per other bars on board?

Thinking if they do we might be better to by by the glass or bottle there.

About Vintages, I'm not sure if they had happy hour per se but they did have special events and things like that that were advertised in the Cruise Compass. We didn't go to any of the special events though so I can't say I remember what the deals were or anything. They also gave free chocolate covered strawberries with every order, which was nice!

Hi,

We did not end up ordering the Wine Package week of 8/7/09 on the Radiance, because we found the list was too limited and the wine list in the dining room was much larger.

But, thought I'd let you know that we ordered bottles of wine via the TV in our room to be delivered by room service or once we called because the TV was "frozen." No problem whatsoever. They brought the wine, as many glasses as requested and a bucket with ice. Same prices as in the dining room and you don't have to wander around the ship with your bottle in hand :eek:.

Enjoy that glass of vino on the balcony...we sure did!

Lynne

Thanks for letting us know, Lynne. DW and I agree that the packages are limiting and is generally offers lesser grade wines. We too prefer the offerings on the general wine list. Thank you for the tip about ordering via video on the Raidiance--we'll check it out next month.

Archived