Transport options Genoa to Milan Airport?

crikeys

I believe it is walking distance but I've always taken a taxi as I don't know the meaning of packing light! It is not far so won't cost very much if you do take a taxi.

The Malpensa Shuttle (bus) leaves every 20 minutes - google Malpensa shuttle and stops at both terminals at Malpensa. It is a few minutes quicker than the train.

The Malpensa express (train) is €12 per person and runs every 30 minutes.

You. An see the timetables for both by just googling the names I've mentioned. You may wish to keep your options open until you arrive at Milano Centrale. If you've just missed a train, and there is a coach due soon, take that rather than wait for the next train.

If you like Turkish baths, visit the Sinfonia's thermal area, it really is lovely.

MDR is a more pleasant experience than the buffet for breakfast and lunch. If you do go to the buffet, check out the thnic corner further back. It is usually very good. Love the lamb madras!

What is your itinerary?

Edited by AmoMondo

I believe it is walking distance but I've always taken a taxi as I don't know the meaning of packing light! It is not far so won't cost very much if you do take a taxi.

The Malpensa Shuttle (bus) leaves every 20 minutes - google Malpensa shuttle and stops at both terminals at Malpensa. It is a few minutes quicker than the train.

The Malpensa express (train) is €12 per person and runs every 30 minutes.

You. An see the timetables for both by just googling the names I've mentioned. You may wish to keep your options open until you arrive at Milano Centrale. If you've just missed a train, and there is a coach due soon, take that rather than wait for the next train.

If you like Turkish baths, visit the Sinfonia's thermal area, it really is lovely.

MDR is a more pleasant experience than the buffet for breakfast and lunch. If you do go to the buffet, check out the thnic corner further back. It is usually very good. Love the lamb madras!

What is your itinerary?

Thank you for all the great information. This is our first time on MSC as well as our first time in Genoa, Milan etc. We are doing a seven-night on the Sinfonia (Genoa to Genoa) and going to Cannes, Ibiza (overnight), Mahon, Olbia and Salerno.

Been to the Med numerous times but have never gotten to do great itinerary! Our daughter lives in Holland and she and her boyfriend will be joining us and their only must do is biking in Menorca (he is a competitive biker like Lance Armstrong).

I did a similar itinerary last year except we didn't go to Anne's. It was either Villefranche or St Tropez.

I didn't do very much in Olbia as the weather was awful. Took the MDC shuttle in to town and then it started to drizzle. Managed to buy a brolly and start wandering around but then the heavens opened, so I scurried back to the ship.

In Salerno I also took the shuttle into town and enjoyed walking along the seafront and then poking around all the windy narrow back streets. Had quite a nice Cathedral too. There was a lady from the local tourist oard distributing maps at the shuttle bus stop. It had a walking tour mapped out on it which was vey helpful for someone like me who likes to DIY.

I was pleasantly supplied by Ibiza, thought it was just a party place full of nightclubs but the old town was lovely albeit a very very steep climb up to the top.

I did a live blog of the trip last year. I'll see if I can find it on here.

Here it is

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1906992&highlight=orchestra

I sailed the Sinfonia last May but it was a different itinerary altogether but in August my sailing on the Orchestra had an almost identical itinerary. Not sure this will be much use as I just like wandering around in ports and experiencing local food and wine!

Thanks for all the great information and for posting the link to your trip report! Enjoyed reading.

Still not sure if we are going to do the train or bite the bullet and spring for the private transport to Malpensa.

this should be quite easy. catch the train from Genoa to Milano centrale-should take about two hours. then you should be able to get the train from Milano Centrale to Malpensa, which goes about every 30 minutes (and will be about a 30 minute journey).

there are ticket machines where you select the button to get English instructions at the stations.