Renting my vest and fins

:confused: We are visiting St. Maartin, St. Kitts, Tortola and Labadee next Jan.'10.

Will probably just take a cab to the beach for a few hours. I am taking my]own mask and snokel but need to rent the vest and fins. (Too heavy and

bulky to pack). Are there rental shops close by to the beaches ??? I can't find any info in the Celebrity's shore excursions site about this. Thanks.

Most beach locations that have snorkeling have equipment rentals. While I agree that fins are too heavy and bulky, IMO a flotation vest is very packable. I have a vest and it folds up into a very small space and is very lightweight.

Most beach locations that have snorkeling have equipment rentals. While I agree that fins are too heavy and bulky, IMO a flotation vest is very packable. I have a vest and it folds up into a very small space and is very lightweight.

:confused: Would that be similiar to the kind my son uses for his Jet Ski ??? Where would I be able to purchase one --- do I need to go online or would a

large sporting goods store carry these ?? Thanks

The flotation vest is different from a life vest. The flotation vest is very lightweight and has a tube with a valve that you blow into to inflate to make it buoyant so that you float on top of the water. It also has straps that go around your waist and snap and another that goes along your back and under your legs and hooks to the front of the vest to secure it to your body. I got mine at a local dive shop. Not sure if you could find one at a sporting goods store. Here's a website that gives you an idea of what you're looking for:

http://www.leisurepro.com/Catalog.aspx?op=dtSearch&Term=snorkel vest

Sounds like a great buy! Now, you only need a couple of puffs of air into the tube to inflate the vest to keep you buoyant. It will seem like the vest is too flat, but really it's not. Too much air and you're too high on the water. Have a great time snorkling!

Archived