Carnival Spirit Handicap rooms

ladylovesthesea

We are going to Hawaii in Sept. on the Carnival Spirit. We are booked in the handicapped room on deck 5 with balcony. Has anyone ever been in this room and have any info on it and what it looks like? Pictures? I'd appreciate any information about this cabin. Thanks for any info about it.....Jody Moore

I hope you enjoy your cruise. My husband and I did that cruise last year in a handicap room on the 5th floor and hated it!! Two big poles right in the middle of the room, no shower just a hose with a nozzle, 1 double bed that could not be seperated, 9" tv to accomodate larger doors, low 6 foot ceiling and a tiny tiny door to the balcony, hope u are tiny little itty bitty people. O and be careful of the light switches because we got big schocks every time we used them.

August fools. just wanted to see if u would read this He He

Cabins 5238 and 5245 are both obstruced by the lifeboats; but have larger balconies.

The roof of the lifeboat is somewhat level with the balcony floor; therefore, while sitting on the balcony, you have an ocean view when looking straight ahead but an obstructed view when looking down.

Thanks for all the great info concerning our upcoming trip to Hawaii...anyone have any pictures of the handicap room?

(by the way, my husband wrote the 1st response, thinking it was hilarious to play a trick on me....it worked! he had me going) All in fun...

Here are pictures I took of 8239 on my Spirit cruise. I was preparing for a cruise with my sister and knew I would need a handicap cabin so I checked it out.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/553480244WWgXRT

I ended up getting 7260 on the Legend. No pictures of the beds. My sister had her girlfriend travel with her to help, so the beds were set up as twins. PLENTY of space, and we kept her wheelchair on the balcony when not using it. The room is right next to the elevators too.

2623302780064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

2193477770064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

2636517320064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

2528868740064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

Thanks for all the great info concerning our upcoming trip to Hawaii...anyone have any pictures of the handicap room?

(by the way, my husband wrote the 1st response, thinking it was hilarious to play a trick on me....it worked! he had me going) All in fun...

Lady, your husband did get his countdown clock right though.:D His shows that he is sailing next month while your shows that you have already sailed on 8-16-2009. You really should go on the same ship and sailing.....it's more fun that way;):D

Thanks gail811 for the pictures of the handicapped room. The closet looks kinda small for 2 people, esp. for 2 woman who know not to bring a lot of clothes, and do it anyway! but oh well, no big deal.

And for the Chuck: So I cant count.....1, 2, 8, 9 which month was it? I guess I better get in there and fix my counter clock, so at least my husband and I are on the same cruise;)

Thanks gail811 for the pictures of the handicapped room. The closet looks kinda small for 2 people, esp. for 2 woman who know not to bring a lot of clothes, and do it anyway! but oh well, no big deal.

And for the Chuck: So I cant count.....1, 2, 8, 9 which month was it? I guess I better get in there and fix my counter clock, so at least my husband and I are on the same cruise;)

Archived