PC 13 days - Can't miss excursions

lyadams

We're going on RCCL 13 days in Nov with the following ports:

Cabo San Lucas, Acapulco, Huatulco, Puntarenas, Cristobal Pier, Oranjestad. We're on sort of a tight budget (getting married in 2010) and I was noticing that a number of the excursions are somewhat the same. Therefore, if you could only do one or two of the excursions, what would you do? We can definitely entertain ourselves walking in the ports/towns, but didn't want to miss a "great experience". We're about 45, not beach people, and probably couldn't handle anything that requires a lot of athleticism.

Thanks for the input!!

• 2 weeks later...

I was twice in puntarenas, the first time i decided to go through the town by myself. I will never do this again! There is nothing to do, although puntarenas is a strange city because it only have 5 roads in one direction (which are connected via streets), thats why puntarenas is build on a "finger of land" which points to the sea.

Costa Rica is famous for their canopy tours and there is one great tour near puntarenas. i did this tour the second time i was there and it was great. I did a few of canopy tours and this one is awsome as it goes over waterfalls.

You don't have to be athletic to do this, i am not sporty and i didn't have problems and there is the opportunity to get help from the guys who guide you through the tour by connecting to them.

It was an adventure park together with a hotel, i think the website was adventurepark-and-hotelvistagolfo.com or something like that. They are offering different things and are serious and can be trusted (which is not normal in Costa Rica).

I would highly recommend doing a canopy tour in costa rica and i would avoid going through puntarenas. Its boring and dirty and there are not many tourists in puntarenas and nobody is speaking english.

We're going on RCCL 13 days in Nov with the following ports:

Cabo San Lucas, Acapulco, Huatulco, Puntarenas, Cristobal Pier, Oranjestad. We're on sort of a tight budget (getting married in 2010) and I was noticing that a number of the excursions are somewhat the same. Therefore, if you could only do one or two of the excursions, what would you do? We can definitely entertain ourselves walking in the ports/towns, but didn't want to miss a "great experience". We're about 45, not beach people, and probably couldn't handle anything that requires a lot of athleticism.

Thanks for the input!!

Given a tight budget . . .

Cabo - I'd just spend the day walking around town sipping Coronas.

Acapulco - The best view is from the deck of the ship

Huatulco - Not much of a town, again I'd probably sip Coronas

Puntarenas - Take an excursion here - nothing of a town - buy Shade Lady coffee here - old gringo guy sells it in the flea market - I never fail to bring home a bunch, and we grow coffee

Panama - Splurge! The only way to see anything is take a tour!

Aruba - Walk around town. Take a public bus for $2 or so out to the hotels and sit under the shade at a beach.

Hope that helps!

Regards, Richard

• 3 weeks later...

Puntarenas - Take an excursion here - nothing of a town - buy Shade Lady coffee here - old gringo guy sells it in the flea market - I never fail to bring home a bunch, and we grow coffee

Where is the Flea Market? At the pier? I am a coffee buying fool I must admit! That is MY souvenir shopping!

My son and his girlfriend went on a Mexico cruise in July. They had a blast on a catamaran ride in Cabo. He said they were within 5 min. walk from where his ship (rccl)was docked. He also said that when he booked they required a credit card to hold the reservation, but would only accept cash when he made the actual payment.

If you decide to go on the catamaran let me know what you think because we are booked on a panama canal cruise next year?

http://www.caboecotours.com/index.htm

Archived