What to do! Last of 4 ships to dock

SOPOME

We'll be in port on 12/9 on Serenade of the Seas. We don't dock until 11am, after 3 other ships (Carnival Victory, Celebrity Equinox, and Oriana) all arriving between 7 and 8am. What should we avoid and what should we go ahead and do, with the crowded island in mind?!? :eek: Things that have sounded interesting to me are: scenic tours, swimming with the turtles, and touring George Washington House and St Nicholas Abbey. Thanks!

On another thread someone posted that cruisett dot com gives you all the port information. I checked for all our ports. Barbados is the worst with 4 ships. Antigua has 3, Grenada just us, St Martin has 2, and Tortola just us. Not bad overall, but I'm worried about Barbados -- I think it's going to be a crazy day!

I heard great things about the Tiami cruise or the Silver Moon cruise. I also thought about going to Cranes Beach Resort and getting a day pass. Such delicious anguish--What to do on a beautiful island in the middle of winter. Hard to go wrong!;)

SOPOME wrote: "Not bad overall, but I'm worried about Barbados -- I think it's going to be a crazy day!"

Head EAST!...

St. Nicholas Abbey, Morgan Lewis, Bathsheba, Andromeda Gardens, St Johns Parish Church, Codrington College, Bottom Bay, Crane....

You'll never know there were another 8,000 tourists on the island as most stay on the west coast.....

....And you'll have seen the best coast.....

Enjoy! :)

SOPOME wrote: "Not bad overall, but I'm worried about Barbados -- I think it's going to be a crazy day!"

Head EAST!...

St. Nicholas Abbey, Morgan Lewis, Bathsheba, Andromeda Gardens, St Johns Parish Church, Codrington College, Bottom Bay, Crane....

You'll never know there were another 8,000 tourists on the island as most stay on the west coast.....

....And you'll have seen the best coast.....

Enjoy! :)

But, aren't the seas a little rough on the east side? Or can you enjoy the beach somewhere on the east coast?

PE

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I are on the same ship- Serenade of the Seas, 12/5/09 sailing.... we are FORTH to Dock in Barbados!!:eek: Yech... crowded, no doubt...

So what does that leave us to do? I much more prefer a tour outside of the Ships.... cheaper and better in most cases.

Open to ideas....

1/2 day for touring

1/2 day for a little walking around, eating lunch with a few drinks no doubt

• 1 month later...

Archived