Movies on dawn ?

KevinsCruising

They are movies that have been released to video within the past couple of months--and not that week's release.

I haven't been on the Dawn since June, so maybe somebody can give you the list from the past couple of weeks.

They also play the movies on your TV.:)

Thanks Robyn,

I see that you have sailed the Gem also. We sailed the Gem this past March. Which ship do you like better, Gem or Dawn.

I think each ship has their own little perks. On the Gem, we loved eating outside at the back of the ship for breakfast and had a great time bowling.

On the Dawn I love the glass elevators, the atrium is nicer, the blue lagoon seems to be quicker and more convienant if you want to take something back to the cabin, Pearly Kings pub good place for a beer and watching some sports,

Love both ships not sure myself which is better. :)

Thanks

Hey Kev,

I loved them both too and agree with you on all your points.

I also loved the sexy feel of the Bliss lounge (too bad I didn't have anyone to share it with!:() I also may have tried rock climbing again, but just really didn't have the time.

I loved the newness and the basic layout of the GEM, and she may always be my favorite ship, since it was the first ship I sailed.

But, I found the atmosphere and the staff to be far more FUN on the Dawn!

It may be possible that it was the type of cruises I was on (Med/port intensive VS Bermuda w/3 days at sea).

I also liked the stadium pool seating on the Dawn.

Also, when I saw the GEM had a new Med itinerary next year, I could not resist. The beautiful GEM in the Mediteranean!

what is stadium pool seating on the Dawn??

Seating around the pool is tiered (like in a stadium).

Not to mislead you, it's only tiered in front of the pool. Seating on the sides is flat and in front is Topsiders bar.

Hey Kev,

I loved them both too and agree with you on all your points.

I also loved the sexy feel of the Bliss lounge (too bad I didn't have anyone to share it with!:() I also may have tried rock climbing again, but just really didn't have the time.

I loved the newness and the basic layout of the GEM, and she may always be my favorite ship, since it was the first ship I sailed.

But, I found the atmosphere and the staff to be far more FUN on the Dawn!

It may be possible that it was the type of cruises I was on (Med/port intensive VS Bermuda w/3 days at sea).

I also liked the stadium pool seating on the Dawn.

Also, when I saw the GEM had a new Med itinerary next year, I could not resist. The beautiful GEM in the Mediteranean!

:) I will be looking for the staff more this time but I have always found that the staff on NCL is AWESOME! I am sailing the Dawn on 10/4 and cannot wait.

:) I will be looking for the staff more this time but I have always found that the staff on NCL is AWESOME! I am sailing the Dawn on 10/4 and cannot wait.

Oh don't get me wrong--the crew on the GEM WAS AWESOME too!

But, they seemed much more light-hearted on the DAWN, except for Anshuman--who is wonderful, but all business!:D John Ibrahim is a fabulous Cruise Director--his energy and good nature are contagious!

Also, having 3 sea days, there was much more opportunity to interact with them. Also, the week I went the weather was bad, so I think I relied on the entertainment staff even more than usual!

Oh don't get me wrong--the crew on the GEM WAS AWESOME too!

But, they seemed much more light-hearted on the DAWN, except for Anshuman--who is wonderful, but all business!:D John Ibrahim is a fabulous Cruise Director--his energy and good nature are contagious!

Also, having 3 sea days, there was much more opportunity to interact with them. Also, the week I went the weather was bad, so I think I relied on the entertainment staff even more than usual!

Gotcha !!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Moose (Dan) and welcome to Cruise Critic.

I am also on the Oct. 4th sailing. Come on over to the Roll Call board and join us. ( Go to Norwegian Roll calls, then click on Dawn Roll Calls, then scroll down to the date and let us hear from you! We are having a Meet and Greet on Monday, Oct. 5th )

Hi Kevin, see you in 17 days!

Diane

Was on the Dawn on August 30th sailing. Had a good variety of movies. We watched a couple in the cinama. Take a sweater, it is cool in there. Can't remember titles but something for everyone. One thing we found, was that the movies started at strange times, like 5:00 PM, and would run into the dinner hours. The same movies run on two channels of the TV in the rooms as run at the cinema. There is a daily movie guide on the table in the room for the whole cruise.

Archived