LOS St Maarten Port

gpg306

I am been searching for the name of the port that LOS will dock at in St. Marrten. We will be renting a car from Budget in St. Phillsburg and driving the island. I would appreciate any info and thoughts on this idea. We will be going on the Sept. 26, 2009 sailing. Thanks

Believe it or not the name of the port is..... Port of St. Maarten. We were there last week and I just looked at a pic that we took in front of the welcome sign at the port. Our tour guide said that when there are more than 4 ships in port, driving is almost impossible. Keep that in mind when you try to get back from the French side to the Dutch side. We left 2 people in St Maarten last week. I can recommend a Great private tour company. $40.00 a head and he stops at Maho beach so you can see the planes take off and land at SMX airport. OH yeah....All you can drink!!!:D

The ship will be docking at the AC Wathey Pier, just outside Phillipsburg. The Budget operation is at the pier, sharing space with 4 others. When getting off the ship walk back to the beginning of the pier, turn right past the cab and bus areas and you will see the car rental booths. Your US insurance is not good here so buy the local insurance.

All the booths close at 5 PM in the afternoon.

Some of the really small luxury ships come into Marigot but that is not the case here. All the bigger mass market ships come into the Wathey pier.

The last of the Speed movies with the highjacked Seabourne cruise ship shows the ship being rammed into Marigot.

MACfans, would you let me know what tour company you used? Thanks!

Bernardstours dot com. They were very professional even made a stop at a drug store so someone could get some Tylenol. You can make your reservation online. John was our driver. You wont be disappointed.:D

Bernardstours dot com. They were very professional even made a stop at a drug store so someone could get some Tylenol. You can make your reservation online. John was our driver. You wont be disappointed.:D

Did a private tour with them this year....John was great!

Archived