Near Boston Pier

cleo656

We leave NY and our first stop is in Boston, what I'm looking to purchase is Diet Coke (NCL has changed to Pepsi products) so I thought maybe might be a place close buy to pick up a 12 pack or so.

There is a Stop & Shop Supermarket and Rite Aid Pharmacy on East Broadway in South Boston, which is probably 1/2 to 3/4 mile from Black Falcon. It's probably a little bit further than the 7/11 on Northern Ave.

Thank you

Pat

Pat - read this thread that I responded on about Faneuil Hall for someone with mobility issues. If you get dropped off by a cab in the right place, you can be in the middle of things without pushing the wheelchair over a lot of cobblestones.

If you're by yourself (i.e. you've dropped your mom off at the ship and you are going foraging for diet coke), then I would walk back along the harbor along Northern Ave. instead of going to East Broadway. If you have a rolling suitcase, take it with you so you don't have to carry your coke stash back.

:) after sightseeng, we plan on walking to Modern Pastry at 257 Hanover St to purchase some pastries then get a cab back to the ship..will we have any problen getting our goodies on board? and is this famous bakery worth the visit? I know what you will say,''they have pastries on board'' but I have never tasted pastries like authentic Italian pastries..thanks

:) after sightseeng' date=' we plan on walking to Modern Pastry at 257 Hanover St to purchase some pastries then get a cab back to the ship..will we have any problen getting our goodies on board? and is this famous bakery worth the visit? I know what you will say,''they have pastries on board'' but I have never tasted pastries like authentic Italian pastries..thanks[/quote']

Modern is way better than any pastry you will have on board, so I would say yes, it is worth a visit.

I've brought food on board from other ports and I have never been stopped. I have never asked either though.

:) pre cruise in Manhattan we plan to visit Ferarra's Italian Bakery in Little Italy to taste their fare...when we were Taormina , the home if the cannoli , I must tell you the cannoli there was the best we have ever tasted..Viva Italian Delights.....

Modern is way better than any pastry you will have on board, so I would say yes, it is worth a visit.

I've brought food on board from other ports and I have never been stopped. I have never asked either though.

the 7/11 on Northern ave is your best bet for near-by the ship.

Other than a new Dunkin Donuts, there is nothing within the port

except an Au'bon Pan

Would anyone know if there is a grocery/convenience store near the Black Falcon Terminal?

Thanks Pat

Archived