Help for our situation?

DH cannot walk extensively, although as long as there are places to sit along the way it would be fine.

Prefer scenic to historical, And we enjoy shopping.

If we choose to do some things on our own, is cab fare very expensive?

:confused::confused: I think if you gave more specific info --- you would get more specific help.

Where are you going, on what ship, what ports does the cruise stop at,

the age and ability of your husband, etc.

There is a great thread entitled "Cruisers with Disabilities" where you can

find a wealth of information.

Also, there are companies that will rent motorized scooters, wheelchairs that will be placed in your cabin for use while cruising. We did that for

my DH this last January and it was great !!!

See my answer on the New England forum and the post just above this one. As Sherrie suggested the Disabled Cruise Travel link is a big help. I had never checked it out because I don't need a wheelchair or handicapped cabin, but it is well worth doing. There is a wealth of info, and posters are really nice.

You might want to consider a walker with a seat. I purchased one a couple of months ago for our cruise to Canada and have been using it around town. It is really great for when you get tired and need to sit down, while it does not limit your ability to get around.

Will be using on cruise in 4 weeks and am expecting it work out better than trying to maneuver a wheelchair or scooter.

Good Luck.

Margaret

You might want to consider a walker with a seat. I purchased one a couple of months ago for our cruise to Canada and have been using it around town. It is really great for when you get tired and need to sit down, while it does not limit your ability to get around.

Will be using on cruise in 4 weeks and am expecting it work out better than trying to maneuver a wheelchair or scooter.

Good Luck.

Margaret

That's exactly what I am doing. I can walk short distances without it, but, on a cruise, find that I sometimes need to rest between benches/ chairs. It also will be good for waiting in line. This will be my first time with the rollator. I've always just used a cane for extra stability, but that doesn't solve the resting problem.

Archived