Where can I find list of stateroom categories and what they mean?

scrapulous

I'm already back from my cruise, but I have no idea what category I was in, and everyone on here seems to know their category. I went to carnival.com, and I can't find any info about categories, like 6A, 1B, etc. All I know is I had an OV.

Just curious!

I'm already back from my cruise, but I have no idea what category I was in, and everyone on here seems to know their category. I went to carnival.com, and I can't find any info about categories, like 6A, 1B, etc. All I know is I had an OV.

Just curious!

Pull up the deck plans for your ship on Carnival.com

Look for your deck and then the cabin number you were in.

The cabin will be shaded a certain color.

On the same page will be a legend with all the colors on it and cabin category.

Dave

Just curious!

Look at this site, it has a lot of useful info. http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/index.php

Did you have fun on the surprise Cruise.?:p

Thanks! I look at that site, and the deck plans at carnival.com.

The surprise cruise was fun overall. I think the kids enjoyed it more than I did, though. Once I feel better (got sick the day after we returned home) I'll post a full review, in case anyone cares, lol.

The number indicates the room type, the letter indicates where. So a 4A is inside cabin all the way to the lowest deck. A 6A is lowest deck front or back of the ship oceanview. 8A is balcony. The higher the letter usually is higher deck and likely mid-ship vs bow or aft.

Thank you, that's probably the best explanation I've read anywhere! I was 8E and loved my cabin (balcony on Verandah deck). But even the Carnival people never explained the category very well so that I could understand it.

Okay, so I was in a 6C. I was in room U197, which is upper deck, back of ship, OV. I liked our room just fine. It was quiet and near the elevators that took us straight to our MDR. The engine noise was very muted, but just enough to be white noise for sleeping. We all loved it.

Thanks! I look at that site, and the deck plans at carnival.com.

The surprise cruise was fun overall. I think the kids enjoyed it more than I did, though. Once I feel better (got sick the day after we returned home) I'll post a full review, in case anyone cares, lol.

Welcome Back. Sorry you got sick. At least your kids had fun, which is what you seemed to have wanted most.

Feel better! :)

Thank you, that's probably the best explanation I've read anywhere! I was 8E and loved my cabin (balcony on Verandah deck). But even the Carnival people never explained the category very well so that I could understand it.

For a more detailed explanation:

4 = inside cabin

6 = ocean view

7 = obstructed balcony

8 = balcony

9-10-11&12 are suites/wraps etc.

A = lowest deck - forward or aft (not midship)

B = next deck up forward or aft or same deck midship

so on a & so forth.

For a more detailed explanation:

4 = inside cabin

6 = ocean view

7 = obstructed balcony

8 = balcony

A = lowest deck - forward or aft (not midship)

B = next deck up forward or aft or same deck midship

so on a & so forth.

What's the 1? Isn't there a 1A?

Archived