The pool at Chankanaab...what's the real story?

supercrunch

I have been researching Chankanaab recently and it seems like the perfect place for my family while we are in Cozumel...but I keep seeing threads mentioning different things about the pool.

I have seen that it's included, that it's for Dolphin Discovery only, that it's okay to use it with a minimum purchase at the bar, etc.

I would love to hear recent experiences, and any actual policies would be great too.

I have a 5 year old and an 8 year old, and they much prefer pool swimming to ocean swimming. If the pool is off limits at Chankanaab, we might opt for Nachi Cocum instead.

I have been researching Chankanaab recently and it seems like the perfect place for my family while we are in Cozumel...but I keep seeing threads mentioning different things about the pool.

I have seen that it's included, that it's for Dolphin Discovery only, that it's okay to use it with a minimum purchase at the bar, etc.

I would love to hear recent experiences, and any actual policies would be great too.

I have a 5 year old and an 8 year old, and they much prefer pool swimming to ocean swimming. If the pool is off limits at Chankanaab, we might opt for Nachi Cocum instead.

Here is the e-mail reply I received yesterday asking about the pool access.

"Hello,

We kindly inform we required a minimun consume of 7 dlls at the pool (chesse burguer with lemonade).

Kind regards."

Hmmm.... not to dispute what they would be telling you in an email, but I will give you my experience in April. Went with a large group of about 14 in taxi's. 2 of us did Dolphin swim and others just paid entry fee. Immediately went to pool and were never told a thing about needing to buy food or drink or anything of the sort. A couple of us bought a soft drink at that concession stand but that was it.

We just went in April, also and did the dolphin encounter first thing but then our boys, ages 7 and 9, spent the rest of the day in the pool. We bought a couple of sodas and ice cream but no one ever told us we had to or anything. The boys loved this pool and we had to drag them out when it was time to go. This place has a large majority of mexican families here so there were lots of other kids for them to play with also.

My boys don't speak a word of spanish, other than what they've picked up from Dora the Explorerer and Diego, but had a blast playing with the other kids. I thought it was kind of sweet to see kids just being kids no matter the language barrier.

We've also been to nachi cocum and loved it but it really is more situated for adults. There have never been any kids there when we've gone and their pool is just a regular pool, very nice, but the kids would not have been as happy there. I think your kids will really like the pool at chankanaab and you'll have a great time. Happy Cruising!:D

We were there last Tuesday 8/25...my wife, 13 year old daughter, and myself.

Only our daughter did the Royal Swim...she had two wristbands, on for the park and one for the Dolphin Swim...we had just the one wrist band for the park.

We all used the pool, no one ever asked us to buy a food at all, no one was checking. The pool bar/grill was closed, the nearest resturaunt was a fairly good distance away.

We never saw anyone eating food at the pool.

Archived