Day by Day Dawn NYE Review LIVE

ChrisConnolly

:( Remember all that sunshine and 40 degrees??? - Well, Maybe tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing you all in the Spinnaker Lounge at 4 PM. Monday at 3 PM in the Star Bar.

Jim & Josephine

I’m not sure where I left off but I’ll start from the top. After the requisite activities of the first sea day including tanning and reading we decided to go to dinner at Venetian. I’ve had standing reservations there for 7pm every night but if you are keeping score at home, I believe I’ve eaten there only three times. Anyways, it was lobster night and after doing a double blind taste test I can now state beyond a shadow of a doubt that Nova/Maine Lobster is much sweeter and more tender than Caribbean lobster. Service was great though with Vendi as our waiter and we both left very full.

We went to see Bollywood after dinner which my girlfriend really loved. I’ve seen it three times now so, I could have skipped it but any first time NClers should not miss this show. Dave Heenan was up in Spinnakers and although I’m not a huge fan he did go a half hour long. Some of his jokes hit really well, others didn’t….

The last sea day was spent relaxing. I went to the digital “behind the scenes” photo tour where they had an actual picture of the infamous dawn webcam. Not a shot from the webcam but and actual picture of the cam itself. I wanted to take a picture for shoreguy.

To complete our quest to eat at every specialty restaurant we ate at La Tratoria the last night. I though it was better than salsa.

I want to send out a Hello to everyone from cruise critic that we met onboard. You were all very nice and made our cruise that much better. Also hello to Doug&Laura and Dan&Allison we had a great time hanging out with all of you on the cruise.

So another cruise and another review is complete. We are looking at the Baltic Jewel cruise in August or the Christmas/NYE cruise out of Miami. I hope everyone had as great time reading this as I did living it.

Chris Connolly < ===== Still Duty Free

What our cruise consumed

4400 Bottles Of Champagne.. Almost 2 per person

14400 Bottles of Beer

350 lbs dark chocolate

150lbs of white chocolate

Paul and Mike are getting off with us and hopefully they will have a chance to stop by and say hello here.

Also read State of Fear by Crichton.. I loved this one.

P.S. Capris are fine.

Chris, Thanks again for all your pre-cruise assistance. We had a wonderful time. I have to say, that our Salsa meal was one of the best of the 10 days. Isn't it weird how things can differ? It may have been helped that we had a bay side table as the sun was setting over St. Thomas and then we set sail. One of the most beautiful sights ever. I think I remember the food being pretty good too!! I am surprised to hear that some thought the service to be slow. I never felt that way. We were almost "attacked" by service staff at every meal. Never felt ignored or forgotten. I was most impressed with how every crew member we set eyes on went out of their way to be nice and speak to us. We are just not used to that here in NJ.

I too was at the technical slide show. I almost laughed out loud when that shot of the two bridge cams came up.

I would do this cruise again in a hearbeat. Some thought 10 days was too long. I would have liked to stay 10 more. But, the scale says 6 pounds were added to my girth. Not a good thing.

Thanks again to Bostonbanker for opening up their Villa to us strangers for a wonderful party. I was in cruise heaven. Heck, even the Russians annoyed me less as the days went on.

Congrats Chris to you and your fiance. I hope our paths cross again.

I think that Chris has covered most of everything with his "Chris Dailies"-

What made out trip so special was the fact that we had friends on board for the cruise. Our CC meeting was well attended and I was surprised by how many officers attended and stayed to talk to us.

To Chris & Terry & family: you are all such special people to have treated us to such a great party. I hope you had a safe trip back home-I'll always think much kinder of your Red Sox now! Especially when I wear my red socks...

Also Chris and Ashley (& Ken)-thanks for rescuing me & my car that would not start after the cruise. Ashley-if you get a chance-email me some of your photos-with the hood up.

The New Years Eve/my birthday Party was another great gala-I had the unexpected pleasure of having our cabin decorated with banners and balloons from Gary & Richard-our exemplary stewards & from Lanie-our butler who remembered how much I liked hot tea in the cabin at night...

Flathead (Mark) Carly was robbed! She was definitely the most talented at the show-maybe it's for the best though-you don't want her dropping out of school to spend a year at sea! I'm sorry we didn't see you this morning.

Nick, Andrew & Jeff really enjoyed spending time with her and Dakota.

More later-got to get some food in the house-I haven't eaten in almost 10 hours!

Denise

Hi Chris,

Congratulations on your engagement. I wish you a wonderful life of love and happiness.

Thank you so much for your daily cruise updates. You made me feel like I was there.

You said Paul and Mike are getting off today. Where are they going or are they coming back soon?

Thanks for all the info.

Happy New Year!

Jeanne

Wow Chris that's a super review, thanks for all of the nice words. It seemed like you had a great cruise overall.

It sounds as if Paul and I will be bringing out the Jewel, nothing has been confirmed in writting yet but if this is the case and you are on it (Baltic), you will see a lot of changes and additions to the program.

To answer the previous posters question, Paul is off until March 6th, and I will return on the 10th of February.

Thanks again Chris and maybe we will see you on the Jewel.

Mike Szwajkowski

Wow Chris that's a super review, thanks for all of the nice words. It seemed like you had a great cruise overall.

It sounds as if Paul and I will be bringing out the Jewel, nothing has been confirmed in writting yet but if this is the case and you are on it (Baltic), you will see a lot of changes and additions to the program.

To answer the previous posters question, Paul is off until March 6th, and I will return on the 10th of February.

Mike Szwajkowski

See you on the 10th :)

Jim

Hi to all

Thanks to all the CCer's for making this a great cruise.

Chris and Kristin - It was great getting to know you. Good luck with the wedding

Denise - Hi from your twin sister. Sorry Ted could not help with the car. Glad to hear you made it home safe.

Terry and Chris - Thanks again for a great party. (Go Red Sox)

Flathead- I agree with Denise your daughter should have won.

To all the other ccers it was fun meeting you all.

Hope to see you on another cruise

Kathy

Mike Szwajkowski

Say HI to Johnny Damon (AKA-Paul) for us all.

Denise

TO HAVE BEEN ARE PART OF THIS TRIP. Hi all. We also thought the cruise was a wonderful experience--"Dad" had a blast!!! Our last four cruises were with HAL and , except for the sheer size of the ship (which caused us to think long and hard, a few times, about whether to attend various activities since the walk was so great), we thought that every aspect of the Dawn was BETTER. In our opinion, the food, the service, the constant smiling friendliness of the crew, and the shows were all a bit above what HAL has to offer.

Denise- thanks so much for setting up the CC meeting. It was so great to put faces with names.

Chris- CONGRATULATIONS--she is a beautiful girl and you are very lucky.

Amy- I have always been partial to risk takers:D .

Terry and Chris- thanks again for a most elegant and fun party.

Bruce- I know that more cruising is in your future now.

And to all the rest of our fellow CC friends--you are all now a part of our good memories.

Hi Mike!

I was your Krack It cruise winner on the May 16th cruise (yes, you really can win the Grand Prize folks!). You had played a trick on Ruth (since I was in the Owners Suite) by telling her that there was a terrible problem with me and that she should call you right away. I played it up as well before telling her that I had won the cruise!

I just came off the Dec 9 cruise (again in the Owners Suite) and Ruth is still talking about it!!!

I wanted to thank you, Paul and the cruise staff. Both cruises were just fabulous (thanks to Remarie for the winning ticket in May and Marissa for trying on the Dec cruise to sell me the winner!)!!! Both you and Paul are so great!!! I was so happy to see so many familiar faces.

Now that you may be on the Jewel, I think I've decided on my next cruise!!! Canada/New England here I come!

Enjoy your time off! See in in September!

Thanks again for 2 great cruises!!!

Sharon Clauss

Hi guys, Boy am I missing that ship. Got home from work last night, sat down at the table and waiting for someone to bring me bread, water, offer me a drink and a menu. No one showed. So it's back to reality for me.

We both are ready for our next cruise. There is a two week in Sept that leaves Bayonne and hits Boston, Martha's V'yard, Boothbay Harbor, Quebec City, etc. That sounds wonderful. It is on Celebrity however. Not sure we would like the traditional dinner thing. We loved freestyle. If we were assured a table with folks like you that would be great.

We just got our pictures back and were reliving the entire trip. What a great 10 days. Hey Mike, You and Paul work like dogs. I can't imagine how you keep that up for each sailing. WOW!.

It was a pleasure meeting all of you, and I hope our paths cross again.

Bruce

Hi Mike,

I was so glad to see you on this board. We were on the May 23rd sailing of the Dawn and you and Paul made our trip soooooo enjoyable! The two of you are a great duo and I can certainly see that if you guys were each alone as CD's on a ship you could both bring so much enjoyment to a cruise.

With the dates of your return and the date of the Jewel being August, I am supposing you and Paul will be on the Dawn when we return for a 3rd time on May 22, 2005. I have been looking forward to my cruise and now I am extra excited to see you will be there.

Thanks for all the fun you have already given us and so many others.

See you in May!

Jeanne

I agree with Bruce: I cooked dinner tonight and had to remind myslef how to do it. My hubby called his boss today and said he forgot what his job was. The ship has finally stopped rocking for me- I'm almost sorry it stopped. Hubby(Mike) kept looking at the Dawn bridge cam today and scoping out more cruises. I'm afraid this New Year's cruise was a one time thing with me (until I retire) since I normally teach elem. school, and this year got to teach at a college (hence, the longer winter break). We'll keep looking for one that fits my school schedule, though. Marianne, thanks for the words. I have NEVER been a risk taker before! Must be the Caribbean air. I would go back in a flash (ooh! poor choice of words!).;) Anyway, hope all of you stay warm and carry lovely memories of the past 10 days.

When we were saying goodbye to one of our servers (Ioana from the Venetian) she said this: "The world is so small- perhaps our paths will cross again." A lovely sentiment for all of us.

Tale care and smooth sailing.

Amy:cool:

I. I would go back in a flash (ooh! poor choice of words!).;) Anyway, hope all of you stay warm and carry lovely memories of the past 10 days.

When we were saying goodbye to one of our servers (Ioana from the Venetian) she said this: "The world is so small- perhaps our paths will cross again." A lovely sentiment for all of us.

Tale care and smooth sailing.

Amy:cool:

Hi Amy-Everytime I hear of Orient Beach-I'll think of you!I can't get it together either.

I just saw the ship get to St. Thomas-the colors are sooooo vivid! It looked like they had a smooth sail down.

Denise

Archived