How's the coffee on MSC?

Kan't Wait

On the other lines I have said I typically just get an Americano at the speciality coffee station because normally the coffee just isn't flavorful enough or strong enough for me, let alone fresh.

Does anyone have insight as to the coffee, fresh brewed or concentrate?

Thanks,

I personally don't like the stuff they serve in the dining room or at afternoon tea. the tea is ok though. if i fancy coffee, i buy it at the coffee shop or one of the bars, where I think it is excellent My preferences are for espresso, latte or cappucino though and it is italian style coffe 9and brand that they serve). On the other hand I've overheard American passengers moaning that the coffee in the coffee shop is not "proper" coffee and they don't want it but rather want American coffee,

You might as well try the stuff served for free to see if you like it or not, before incurring the expense of buying the speciality ones.

Hi,

the nearest thing I can describe the coffee to is when coffee has been left on the hot plate all day and it tastes disgusting! We have just come off the Lirica (27/08/09) and we bought a jug flask, a filter and fresh coffee in Bremerhaven, which was the 2nd day into the cruise - best be prepared!

I personally don't like the stuff they serve in the dining room or at afternoon tea. the tea is ok though. if i fancy coffee, i buy it at the coffee shop or one of the bars, where I think it is excellent My preferences are for espresso, latte or cappucino though and it is italian style coffe 9and brand that they serve). On the other hand I've overheard American passengers moaning that the coffee in the coffee shop is not "proper" coffee and they don't want it but rather want American coffee,

You might as well try the stuff served for free to see if you like it or not, before incurring the expense of buying the speciality ones.

I am pretty much a coffee snob. I won't drink anything like Maxwell House, Folgers or of the like. I like a vienna roast, french roast or an italian roast which seems to be similiar to french roast and it has to be freshly ground and either fresh brewed, french press'd or through a espresso machine.

On all my cruises I get coffee first thing at the speciality station, so I budget for the expense. I don't drink coffee any other time with the exception of an espresso sometimes with dessert to cut the richness of the dessert...but that is rare. I just thought that since MSC is an Italian line that the coffee may be a bit better than what they serve on the other lines I've been on.

Thanks for the insight.

Hortonsoft- I took a single serving french press on one of my cruises but couldn't get hot enough water to make it brew very well. That is when I decided to just get a coffee at the speciality station.

We had coffee delivered every morning at 7 when we went to Bermuda & it was fine. I don't like it real strong though. We went to the breakfast buffet & it was fine there as well. Also with MSC (my only experience so far) things are a lot different in the Mediterranean than they are in the Caribbean. The Poesia is supposed to be just like the Orchestra & I don't remember any place for specialty coffee, does anybody else?

On the other lines I have said I typically just get an Americano at the speciality coffee station because normally the coffee just isn't flavorful enough or strong enough for me' date=' let alone fresh.

Does anyone have insight as to the coffee, fresh brewed or concentrate?

Thanks,[/quote']

hi,

found the coffee poor all over the ship. we took a small travel kettle and our own tea/coffee to make our own. We ordered tea/coffee from room service breakfast menu (free), and then kept the milk in the mini bar for later. The hot chocolate in the buffet is good (in a flask by coffee/water machine), often went up and got this to take back to room. Also no cold milk in buffet for tea!

There is no speciality coffee station in the buffet area on any of the ships I've been on. All the bars and coffee shops do the speciality coffees and they are all made fresh in an espresso machine (usually using the Italina brand Lavazza (sp?)). They also do may liquer ones and have a daily specail at a reduced rate. I'm particularly partial to the Amaretto cappucino!

Archived