Camp Carnival

apdchief

My wife and I and our 4 year old daughter are sailing on the Valor in March. Looking for input from anyone that has used camp carnival on that ship. We are somewhat concerned about leaving our daughter with total strangers, but everything that I have read has eased that concern a little.

My wife and I and our 4 year old daughter are sailing on the Valor in March. Looking for input from anyone that has used camp carnival on that ship. We are somewhat concerned about leaving our daughter with total strangers, but everything that I have read has eased that concern a little.

You can feel free to check on her at anytime and the camp is always staffed with a bunch of very nice woman. Most people end up tipping these great ladies at the end of the week for making the kids cruise so much more enjoyable. They should also give you a pager as well if they or your child should want you. You will be fine :-)

Never been on the Valor, but expect pretty much the same. The first time we took out daughter on a cruise she was on the Pride and she was also 4 . We too were a little nervous. We got a tour of the place, and only the person who signs them up, can sign them out. Our daughter had a blast, with the arts & crafts, and things. In fact on our last night my wife and I thought after dinner we could spend "family" time just walking around the ship. We asked our daughter about the idea and she said she would rather go to Camp Carnival. You can always check in on her and see if she wants to leave. Also after 10:00 or 10:30 it then is considered baby sitting I think and it is 5.00 a our or so.

Our daughter is now now 9 will be on her 4th cruise over Christmas, and still loves Camp Carnival, but with her cousin going not sure how often she will go.

Enjoy the vacation,

Tim

Archived