Anybody ever make a 10:50 flight out of Miami?

DaisyBa6y

I love this forum. So many different opinions. One minute I am convinced I can make the flight, then I read a few more posts and am unsure again. :p

I need to find out if the Sky has an AA kiosk for the Bags Program. I read on another post the Pearl does. If they do, then we will use that and the privileges of being an AAdvantage member to get us through the airport security quicker. That plus all the other great tips that were posted here might just do it.

We are looking at arriving at our home airport at 1pm vs. after 8pm. (Spending that much time waiting in an airport with the DH could ruin the ending to our wonderful vacation ;)).

I love this forum. So many different opinions. One minute I am convinced I can make the flight, then I read a few more posts and am unsure again. :p

I need to find out if the Sky has an AA kiosk for the Bags Program. I read on another post the Pearl does. If they do, then we will use that and the privileges of being an AAdvantage member to get us through the airport security quicker. That plus all the other great tips that were posted here might just do it.

We are looking at arriving at our home airport at 1pm vs. after 8pm. (Spending that much time waiting in an airport with the DH could ruin the ending to our wonderful vacation ;)).

Once we made a 10:30 flight. Another time we had a later flight and rented a car from Alamo(free transfers from both the pier and airport) and went to the beach for the day.

I'd go for it...what's the worst that could happen, you miss it? Then you go stand by on a later flight. It's on a Friday, so it is not like you have to work the next day.

I do not believe it is that simple. You may have to rebook the flight and pay the $250 per person rebooking fee. You may also have to pay the difference in cost for the flights which could be very large since you are technically booking the flight last minute. Not sure how this works when you are using miles. I have read somewhere that if you do not make the flight you loose the miles.

I do not believe it is that simple. You may have to rebook the flight and pay the $250 per person rebooking fee. You may also have to pay the difference in cost for the flights which could be very large since you are technically booking the flight last minute. Not sure how this works when you are using miles. I have read somewhere that if you do not make the flight you loose the miles.

I honestly think this varies airline to airline and even airline agent to airline agent. I know when we missed our flight due to the RCCL cruise we were on disembarking late we had to pay $100.00 for each of us for a later flight. I have read of others however that didn't have to pay anything. It is just a chance I would not take. We won't book anything before Noon. We would rather just hang out in our cabin until last call and enjoy our last morning on the ship.

Archived