Should I take rolls on a snorkling excursion?

No fish expert here, but the major difference here is that the kois and goldfish of your sister get a set and limited amount of Cheerios a day, whily the wild fish in the ocean will get uncontrollable amounts per day from the tourists. Seems to me it would make a big big difference.

Just as a side note the reason the kois and goldfish love the cheerios has nothing to do with if it´s healthy for them. I love lots of stuff that´s not healthy for me.;)

We have a lake house in West Texas, where there are many beautiful deer. They love to eat the "deer corn" that you can buy at any number of local stores. I recently read that feeding them this commercial deer corn is tantamount to feeding your kids fritos every day. So even though they seem to really enjoy the corn, I'm not going to buy something that is not healthy for them.

Probably won't stop ME from eating a cheeseburger there from the absolute BEST WhataBurger I've ever eaten at! Lol, I actually only eat fast food two or three times a year at most. But it sure does taste good.:D

Just as a side note the reason the kois and goldfish love the cheerios has nothing to do with if it´s healthy for them. I love lots of stuff that´s not healthy for me.;)

Well of COURSE. God knows i'd rather eat a burger dipped in grease and cheese than broccoli...but the fish guy DID tell her they love Cheerios. I can't imagine he would've said that if it was bad for them. :)

But I agree, she feeds them twice a day. In the Caribbean they could get monumental amounts of food that could be considered not unhealthy, until they get it from a hundred people a day. Even 30 pounds of broccoli a day couldn't possibly be good for us. :)

Well of COURSE. God knows i'd rather eat a burger dipped in grease and cheese than broccoli...but the fish guy DID tell her they love Cheerios. I can't imagine he would've said that if it was bad for them. :)

But I agree, she feeds them twice a day. In the Caribbean they could get monumental amounts of food that could be considered not unhealthy, until they get it from a hundred people a day. Even 30 pounds of broccoli a day couldn't possibly be good for us. :)

I saw a clip of a show recently where they did an experiment and had volunteers eat like gorillas. 10 lbs of raw fruits and veggies per day. Those poor folks spent all dang day in the bathroom! Course, they did lose weight, but it seemed like a "painful" way to do it!:D

Hi. I felt compelled to jump in here. I am a scubadiver, and I have come to appreciate the natural balance of the seas. They have plenty to eat, those pretty fish, and do not need our help. If you want to see them, just float quietly and they will appear.

Fish feeds, stingray cities, shark dives all upset the natural balance and teach the fish that they do not have to forage, hunt or whatever to get fed.

To compare bringing snacks on a snorkeling trip to a koi pond is apples to oranges. Koi are in captivity, and must be fed by human hand or they die. The reef fish have no such need; the ocean is their buffet.

Please, bring only a camera, take only memories; marvel in the wonder of it all, and enjoy...without the snacks.

Thanks!

Archived