Alaskan Cruise/land tour ?

Gabrielle R.

Actually the end of May. On the Star. Loved it!! We are planning on doing it again in a year or two. Would, FOR SURE, do it the same time of year again. Saw so many whales everywhere. Saw pods of Orca's in Juneau. Had high 70's low 80's most days except for Tracy Arm where it was cold enough to wear a jacket and hat till about 10 AM.

One thing no one talks about is "not sleeping well". It never really gets dark enough and between that and your afraid you will miss seeing a bear or whales or eagles or something else we do not get to see in NJ I did not sleep well until our last day at sea before Victoria .

There were 8 of us and we all enjoyed the Star very much. Alaska was amazing but I do fear we are loosing the glaciers and people should see this all before it is no longer there for us to appreciate.

DO WHAT YOU LIKE AND LIKE WHAT YOU DO!!!!!!!!!

HAPPY SAILING:D

We flew NW Air into Seattle and stayed a night there , than with the information from this board we dropped the Princess transportation to Vancouver and took the train. Which we will forever do it was awesome.

The train brings you close to the Pier I think we paid 10 bucks for a cab to get us to the Pier from the train station. We got on the Diamond and they immediately P@##$% me off, they said they upgraded us to a mini suite which was what we already were at the top of the mini suites so the only was was down or to a Full suite weel it turned out it was a full suite, incredible is all I can say. the boat was well kept and very pretty. We took the cruise than got to Whittier and loaded onto the train for a 8 hour ride to Denali. We stayed in Denali for two nights so we were on the tundra wilderness tour which is what most if not all on this board recommend. After our stay at Denali we headed to McKinley via bus, short ride. Once in McKinley we had dinner at the bar and enjoyed the views, next day we took a bus to Telkeetna and wandered around there.

Than loaded the train back to Anchorage and stayed the night there at Capt cooks. Flew out from Anchorage airport the next day flights were a bit long but you expect that from MN to Alaska, but you will have an incredible time. We are planning it again in two years, we are going to the West Carib with another line in Jan, than will look into another cruise/land tour.;)

Archived