Conquest Cabin #1004 on Panorama

sealgs2000

I just got our cabin assignment Conquest #1004 on Panorama. Does anyone have a photo of this cabin or know the square footage?? Looking at the Deck plans it looks to be a little odd shaped. It also appears that people will be walking outside our window. Just wondering if anyone has had one of these cabins and how they liked it.

Thanks

According to Carnival:

Staterooms (6B) with partially obstructed views:

Main Deck: 2446, 2449, 2450, 2453

Upper Deck: 6201, 6202, 6203, 6204, 6205, 6206

Empress Deck: 7201, 7202, 7203, 7204, 7205, 7206

Lido Deck: 9201, 9202, 9203

Panorama Deck: 1001, 1002, 1003, 1004

We were on the triumph in room 1006 just across the hall. IF and that is a big if...they are the same and they look very similar. Then the answer is yes...people will be walking outside the window. Having said that...this is a very private part of the ship, no one ever really has a reason to go through there. It offers no acces to anywhere really. My wife and I were re-married right outside of that room on the little pathway.

I wasvery concerned about the doorway that goes out on tho that balcony area because everytime it closed it banged loudly and it was like 6 inches from the head of our bed!!! I as very worried it would bother me. Once we set sail I do not believe I ever heard it again. There was very little traffic and it was never late or early.

THE BIG PLUSSSSS ARE

For an OV room price with no balcony you are only 2 steps from the biggest balcony area on the ship. Call it semi private and OOOOOOO what a view!

Plus you are only steps from the foward hot tubs and easy access to the atrium bar :) ER um I mean the lido deck.

After sailaway this is a very quite place, but...no naked lounging in this room as people can see in....

I have never loaded a pict but his may help..?

us_sept01.jpg.9ebff9c08a8d30bb25b73c3ba8b384ae.jpg

I understand its a obstructed view, I'm more worried about lots of people walking in front of the window. If I have to keep the curtain pulled all the time, I should have just got a interior room. I guess its the chance you take booking a guarantee.

• 5 months later...

These cabins are categorized OV....but do you really have any OV? It's hard to tell from the deck plan. Seems like you have a 'front of the deck view'? Do you really see any ocean from them? Thanks!

Upper Deck: 6205, 6206

Panorama Deck: 1003, 1004

My husband and I walk in that area quite often on our cruises. We are usually the only ones there. I never even noticed that there were cabins that faced that way.

So I'm guessing if you pull the curtains when you change or want to absolutely insure privacy, and have them open other times, you'll be fine. Most folks will be enjoying the Ocean, and if they are peeking in your window, just glare at them!

It does look like a great location though! Convenient to the Lido deck.

We had a similar room on the CB and the windows had film on them. You could not see in during the day. They closed that part of the deck at 6 pm so no one was outside the window at night, but we closed our curtain. No one could see in during the day when the sun was out.

The cabin is a oceanview cabin-- any cabinthat has a window has a view.

that cabin does have a view of the ocean--its obstructed though.

Cabins where the bed dont go to thegether--- are handicapped cabins- the bed sits headboard to headboard.

2030749760062547426fXUEUk_th.jpg

your view:

2523144570062547426hOPFvL_th.jpg

very few people on a cruise know that they can access this deck-

This is one of the cons of booking a gurantee cabin.

When is your sailing?

We had a wonderfull view forward both coming into a port and leaving a port. It was one of my favorite cabins, in spite of the noise of the door banging (the door out on deck was next to our cabin). We were also below the spa and hear the threadmill all day long. But the view was so worth it. We also enjoyed going out on that little semi private deck area to watch the sun set.

I am not actually booked 'yet' :-) I am on the verge of booking and on the Valor those cabins are all available in the 6B category. I was trying to determine if there were any perks to getting them vs standard OV cabins mid ship.

I guess there are some cons tho... One con is they are twin beds that are not convertible, and if those nearby door bang allot, that is a con. Since they are unusual cabins it was hard to tell from the deck plan if you get any more space or not and whether you have an inferior view of the ocean (from being fwd facing) than the regular cabins.

So....probably better to play it safe and pick a regular cabin + try to find one that is NOT a connecting cabin. Most of the available ones seems to be connecting and I think you have a higher risk of hearing noise if you your neighbors aren't considerate (I could be wrong)...

Thanks! :-)

Well....for the moment...we are assigned to 1004. But I'm wondering if we should go for a guarantee instead.

The downsides I see to 1004 (as well as 1003, 6205, and 6206): bed placement is end to end, there is no sofa in the room (per another thread), and possible noise from the gym upstairs, and whether you actually can see the ocean from your room or just 'outside'.

One reason we would be happy with it is because it would have allot less general traffic than other 6Bs on the MAIN deck and such quick access to an outside deck.

I guess we have plenty of time to decide so long as a guarantee is still available as well as other open cabins in 6B.

Maybe I'll get REALLY LUCKY and the 6E or 8A prices will come down + I can upgrade cheaply :)

We were assigned to this room on our cruise this past November. We booked an outside gty using military rates but did not like the bed configuration in this room. Called Carnival ASAP and asked to change our room. We were told we could have a room on a lower floor and I quickly agreed. The consultant asked me to hold on while he entered the data. Came back on the line and offered us a room on the Spa deck instead of $50.00 OBC for a reduction that had occurred in the military rate. LOVED the SPA DECK!!! Good luck-may the upgrade fairy smile on your dilemna. Happy Sails:)

1636221849_decorationsfromCarnival.jpg.148dc6e02e89918dc21b2c168acf5a70.jpg

IMGP0007.jpg.cb00a9cf58bf546b069d30eb7f6cd8d3.jpg

Archived