Why doesn't Princess tour Stuttoff Concentration Camp?

Does anyone know why Princess doesn't offer a tour of the Stuttoff Concentration camps as one of their excursions? I read that some other cruise lines do, but am wondering if there was a reason, like lineups too long or something.

I'll try to answer your question but it won't answer why Princess doesn't offer a tour. The answer to that is ....I have no idea ;). We visited the camp in 2010 while on a Princess Baltic Cruise with a stop in Gdansk. A private tour was arranged through the roll call for that cruise. We used a local tour operator but I don't remember who. Tours By Locals: https://www.toursbylocals.com/ will have list of people offering tours or try Googling. The camp is located about 20 miles or so, if memory serves, outside of Gdansk and with travel time and all should be the only thing you do. Traffic in Gdansk is TERRIBLE :eek:. And you still have to get back to the port which is also outside Gdansk. We did have a short driving tour of Gdansk on the way back.

The tour of the camp was very good and VERY moving. I have Jewish ancestors although I am not Jewish. Doing some research I found that I may have had distant relatives who may have been in the camp. Made it even more meaningful to me.

Hope this helps.

<<<Karen>>>