Upsell - Early Saver question

Just got the upsell call on Liberty, 49 days or so from sailing. We are in a 6B and the upgrade is to a balcony, midship on veranda or forward on lido for $300 total.

1. Great, good or decent deal - what do you think?

2. The agent says that we can still maintain price protection - true? (I'm a little leary sometimes.)

3. If I don't call her back in time (I need to talk to my roommate) and the prices drop for a balcony, can we upgrade to a balcony at that time?

Thanks in advance!

1. good deal. not the best i've ever seen, but definitely not bad. personally i would take it. i like balconies, and especially for a balcony on lido deck? sold!

2. yes you can, but of course you will be matching to the new rate for the new balcony cabin, vs. whatever category it is in.

3. yes, they are always happy to take more money for an upgrade. with early saver you cannot downgrade, but you can always upgrade.

It does pay if you have the time to do the mock booking yourself and see what you would pay if you were to request to do room change on your own. But if you want the room badly enough I would say go for it. I do think it's not a bad price to pay. Lido deck is a great location and I think you would have a great time!

If it is for only 2 people, not worth it. Right now I can upgrade my interior to a balcony for $290. It doesn't should like a great deal.

You are comparing your fall cruise with the OP's summer cruise. More expensive to cruise in the summer at least in my experience.

Not a bad deal. Not an uncommon offer for that itinerary since balconies aren't as hot of a commodity since it's so port intensive. We got an up sell from balcony to suite for $125 on that run, and that was a deal! As with others, I could go either way on this one.

Just got the upsell call on Liberty, 49 days or so from sailing. We are in a 6B and the upgrade is to a balcony, midship on veranda or forward on lido for $300 total.

1. Great, good or decent deal - what do you think?

2. The agent says that we can still maintain price protection - true? (I'm a little leary sometimes.)

3. If I don't call her back in time (I need to talk to my roommate) and the prices drop for a balcony, can we upgrade to a balcony at that time?

Thanks in advance!

Yes, you would still keep your price protection but in my opinion, unless you really want and would use a balcony, I wouldn't waste $300 on it.

Yes, you would still keep your price protection but in my opinion, unless you really want and would use a balcony, I wouldn't waste $300 on it.

Good to know I would keep the price protection. Debating the $300. The rep hasn't called back, so it might be a moot anyway. At least I'll know if an upsell happens in the future!! :D