Best time to books print break cruise

aandrseidl

We are looking at going on the breeze sailing March 26th. Trying to figure out the best time to book. Would like a balcony room - to save on costs we are thinking about trying a cove balcony. Been watching rates, but the rates are still high and the current offer for on board credit doesn't apply to this cruise. Certainly don't want to lose out, but how long should I wait?

If you can book an Early Saver Rate, then you can always have your price adjusted to a lower fare on the same cabin/category at any time (up to like 3 days before sailing I believe). This is a restrictive rate as far as cancellations and such, but very often is the best way to assure you get the lowest price for your trip.

You will need to monitor the price on your cruise regularly and contact Carnival if you see a lower fare offered, and they will adjust you fare accordingly. If you haven't reached final payment, they will just reduce the fare - if you are past final payment you get OBC for the fare difference (or a possible upgrade if that is available).

The best thing is the new fare does not have to be just an Early Saver fare, any new fare you see under special pricing that you qualify for will be honored (ex: past guest, etc.).

Based on what I see and also read here, the majority of cruises are selling out and the prices are going up & up as the cruises get closer.

And we all know the so called "sales" Carnival posts are usually not applicable to most cruises.

IMHO if you wait, you will pay more, but you might get lucky.

It is spring break. In my experience the price will only go up. If you are looking at a cove balcony you need to book now. You don't want to get under the galley if you can help it. SOME not all rooms under the galley can be very noisy.

My daughter is booked on a spring break cruise(week of march 13) and I monitor the prices for her. There has been one reduction since she booked. Since then the price has only gone up.

I would book as early as possible. Of all the cruises- we have taken we only have gotten maybe 3 reductions. So I'm happy I got the best price when I booked. I'm a constant watcher of rates and use the fishy site. So my advise is book early saver as soon as you think you want that cruise..