E mail questionnaires

Regarding filling in forms on the plane that we did up to a few years ago, it was nothing to do with the holiday it was to sell your details to other companies, I remember telling my wife that and she said I was paranoid so for a "test" I filled in the forms with my address but daft names, one name that comes to mind was Mustafa Kebab and my wife was Olive something silly as well as other daft names over a couple of years, you guessed it, within months we got loads of junk mail from car/house insurance, magazine subscriptions, savings plans, credit cards all addressed to the daft names that I had put.

Does anyone actually win the holiday they say you can win by filling in the forms?

I remember the two very hard to spot little boxes you had to tick to "so called opt out" of the crap , one for you and one for your spouse, also the "fully completed" bit to be elegible for the free draw, as you said it was just a ploy from the junk mail address harvesters, they would forward the holiday relevent bits to thomsons and sell the rest to who they could.

Yes, I know they are online these days. We used to fill them in every time both paper in earlier days and online fairly recently, adding what we considered valid comments, but that was probably futile as they never seemed to follow up any adverse remarks. We have taken many hotel trips with Thomson and so far just the one cruise - next one in the Caribbean in January - and you can bet that either on the coach back to the airport and probably from the cabin crew on the aircraft they will be asking for good marks in the online survey. Rather not hear that, good operators do not need to ask for pats on the back.

The staff are told to tell people about the forms, the cd on dream explained to us earlier in the year even though he knew they are now sent out randomly, and the surveys do get back to the ship, on the discovery they were stilldoing the paper questionaires and they were being read too